Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    jonc50

This is a WIP that will take quite a while to complete due to the size of board (30 x 40 inches) and the detailed winter setting that will need a large amount of time. The rough outline doesn’t show much detailing but mostly portions of the work will be shown as it progresses.

Ha, I like the title as I can see in the sketch what is about to happen. Look forward to seeing this one progress.

Heather AKA Lucy12
        https://www.heatherrossbach.com
        https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
        https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

fedetony

good start :).-..

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Triduana

Looking good so far. I already like the landscape that’s materialising. And the story is already starting to emerge. Looking forward to updates. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

This is going to be interesting. I am intrigued. Thanks for sharing Jon.

Chammi
                My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

jonc50

Thanks for commenting Heather, Federico, Kay, and Chammi: this will be a tedious progression due to the details and size of the work.

jonc50

This is a bit of the mountain which is on the outskirts of our town. The setting is beside a private road that led to my workplace on the ocean shore where I worked as a longshoreman on ships for most of my working life. This scene is a winter view after a heavy snow and the sun has come out for the day. There are several foxes in the area and they are looking for “warm” meat. Most of the foxes that I was familiar with when I grew up, were ‘red foxes’ and they were hunted with hounds with my father until the rabies epidemic cut the numbers down to very few. The foxes on the west coast have a variation in colour with a lot of black mixed in which really shows on the tail. I carried a camera with me most of the time if I drove to work (as opposed to riding my bike.) I happened to see several foxes at night but the pictures didn’t turn out too well. These are two photos in the same area that I took coming home from work where the foxes had the darker coloured tinge with a very dark tail. I’m going to try the black first and if I’m not happy with it, I’ll revert to the regular orange colour.:(

jonc50

The second photo.

Neither are great photos, but I’m fortunate to get any in the limited lighting.

jonc50

This is a bit of work on “Mt. Elizabeth” (which is seen in several other works that I’ve included over the years.)

Looking good Jon. Interesting regarding the variation in the colours of the foxes.

Chammi
                                My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

This is starting out great jonc!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Looking forward to watching this unfold!:clap:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/09-Dec-2019/1985576-signature_images_b.jpg
                                [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]websites | [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]sketchbook

jonc50

Looking good Jon. Interesting regarding the variation in the colours of the foxes.

Thanks Chammi…not too widespread black variation from what I can tell…

jonc50

This is starting out great jonc!

Thanks Kay.

jonc50

Looking forward to watching this unfold!:clap:

Thanks Yvonne…I hope to keep this moving…:crossfingers:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.