Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily Friday 03 January 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    damar

Greetings in this new Year!
        Hope everyone is doing well.

I’m looking forward to getting back into
        my normal routine after the holidays!

Its been raining here so all I have is pics from the day after Christmas
        when we took the dogs out for a hike

Thoughts and prayers for the people of Australia
        during these catastrophic fires.
        Stay safe MFIB and Mark

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        Rich

Patty, what a beautiful scene! I wish we could get a day without wind! Will be blowing 40-50 MPH all weekend they say. Thankfully no snow. Well, the wind does keep the smog away.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
            Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
            Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

damar

Hi Rich! A Happy New Year to you and yours!
                Wow that is gale force winds, got your flag out?

Just rain here. We are saturated.
                Some gusts expected Saturday upwards of 28 mph.
                (enough to knock trees over with high saturation)

My tractor is all taken apart* and its too wet for yard work so I guess
                I’ll be working on some quilt projects.

* waiting on some parts, and will sand, prime and paint while its all apart

Photos are ©2021
                Rich

No flag out here! It would probably be ripped off the pole!
                    Your wind is getting into the high category too!

Good project while waiting for parts!
                    Happy New Year!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                    Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                    Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Idyllic, Patty. :)

No gales here today yet. A 9kmh breeze but they say it will gust later to 45kmh.

Expected temperature here today is 46˚C.
                    Currently 35˚C at 8:43AM.

Yesterday’s sunset was a pink ball.

My daughter fled Canberra when the particles in the air were at 560. A little better there today but today is a catastrophic fire danger day so it will worsen again.

Don

Good evening Patty, Rich and Peter. Peter, I can’t begin to imagine how bad it is down there. Hope some relief comes soon.

Rained here for the past 2 days so no outside painting on the house. I think the painter and maybe one worker may try to work some tomorrow (Sat) but I don’t expect them to finish. So, when we return from our trip it should be to a nice, freshly painted exterior.

DW and I decided today that we would head west to California in October to try to see some seabirds at Point Pinos, which is near Monterey. From what I have been reading it is possible to see many pelagic birds from the shore. Plus there are lots of other things to see and do in the area. I’ve booked us a room already, just a short distance from the point, but haven’t booked our flights yet.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                        Immortalized forever
                        With silver and light"

This story keeps getting worse. I am hoping that soon I’ll open the daily and you’ll have some good news to share.

Thanks for starting the daily Patty.
                        I took my tree down and my front room looks twice as big now. I just love that feeling. Things are getting back to normal around here.
                        My daughter and I went to see Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. What a nice touching movie. It had such a good message in it about forgiveness. It is worth watching if it is shown on TV, Netflix, etc.

Hi Rich,
                        Our temps have been mild, and little wind or rain but that is going to stop soon. We are headed for two days of snowfall starting tomorrow. I wish I could share some of the wet stuff with our Aussie friends.

Hey Peter. When you go outside do you where a scarf around your nose and mouth? Are the birds hiding in your trees? I wonder how the animals are holding up in and around the perimeters of the fires.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Hi Don, wow you sure plan your trips way ahead of time.
                        Now that is having a good positive attitude.
                        Did you ever submit your photos for the competition?
                        LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

This story keeps getting worse. I am hoping that soon I’ll open the daily and you’ll have some good news to share.

Thanks for starting the daily Patty.
                        I took my tree down and my front room looks twice as big now. I just love that feeling. Things are getting back to normal around here.
                        My daughter and I went to see Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood. What a nice touching movie. It had such a good message in it about forgiveness. It is worth watching if it is shown on TV, Netflix, etc.

Hi Rich,
                        Our temps have been mild, and little wind or rain but that is going to stop soon. We are headed for two days of snowfall starting tomorrow. I wish I could share some of the wet stuff with our Aussie friends.

Hey Peter. When you go outside do you where a scarf around your nose and mouth? Are the birds hiding in your trees? I wonder how the animals are holding up in and around the perimeters of the fires.

There is smoke in the air here but compared to closer to the fires, we are relatively good with only about 42 US AQI[/url] units.

There is a bird in one of the bushes in my photograph of the pink sun. It looks like a spiny cheeked honeyeater but hard to tell in silhouette.

The number of animals killed in the bushfires

Half a billion animals perish in bushfires

Oh no! :crying: :crying: :crying:

damar

MFIB,
                            Your pink sun photos are frighteningly amazing.
                            It looks like some kind of solar event taking place.
                            I checked the AU satellite and radar images today
                            http://www.bom.gov.au/products/national_radar_sat.loop.shtml
                            Maybe some light rain coming in.
                            MetEye shows wind directions
                            http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
                            (for those of us not familiar with AU weather etc)
                            Is your daughter joining you at your house or just enough to get to some cleaner air? I would imagine people evacuating could result in a traffic mess.
                            AU needs a miracle.

Rich: Gale Flag…yep. when its missing, take cover!
                            (flying lawn chairs ..eeek!)

Hi Lorell! We love the glow of the tree, but its also nice to get the space back!
                            Oh boy, snow! I have a snow plow and no where to use it.
                            I may just have to get a sand pile to push from one place to another.
                            We do get snow, but it never lasts more than a day or so.
                            Hi Don,
                            Its so cool you are able to travel!
                            I have never been west of…hmmm…
                            Talladega, AL.
                            (son was a Sprint Kart racer for a year or so)
                            Otherwise, would have never been there.

Been inside for a few days..need to get out.

Photos are ©2021
                            damar

[B][SIZE=”3]Half a billion animals perish in bushfires[/SIZE][/B]

Oh no! :crying: :crying: :crying:

The impact of these fires is going to have a long term affect
                                on the entire country.
                                I feel helpless…we all do.

Photos are ©2021

Yes. It is horrific but as Dave pointed out this is the same worldwide.
                                The US fire chief will tell you that the fire season in North America has now lengthened to more than half the year.

damar

Warning, this vision is not for the faint hearted.

Beyond sad any way you look at it.

Photos are ©2021
                                  Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.