Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Lilly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Hairy wolf

On paper.

gaykir

What a sweet, lovely face. Your paintings always have a richness of texture about them and this is no exception.

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

I agree with Gayle!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

brusher

Hairy, your color design is great; I see the pattern of dark red throughout the painting, leading the eye; likewise the blue of the flower, repeated in the painting above her head. And the textures are beautiful – And the face and hair – perfect!

Cathy

I think this is a beautiful portrait with your signature style running through it like the threads of a hand-woven tapestry.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

DMSS

A beautiful portrait.

--David

Nice. I really like this portrait

Carol
                    "Mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence" - Time Bandits[/color]
                    Moderator: Acrylic Forum
                    My websites: Discoveries With Colour Adventures in Photography[/B]

Nicely done.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                    Every painting is a new adventure.

Old_hobbyest

Nice work but not quite your dark edgy style I’ve come to expect

55elena13

Nice painting, the composition and textures are good.

A lovely warm painting for this cool winter day. Well done, as always.

Hairy wolf

Thank you all so very kindly for the great comments.
                                Hobbyist, you may be right. I had to give up on “a few dark edges” for the sake of likeness. I’m giving it to her as a birthday present….

Merriweather

Lovely portrait. She looks like she has a ready smile. Love it.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

dave woody

Fantastic.
                                        Subject, style, superb.

Hairy wolf

Merriweather and Dave, a big thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.