WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Animal and Wildlife Subjects
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-10-2019, 03:27 AM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England
Re: Getting to Know Each Other

Hello, Melody. Very pleased to meet you.
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 04:39 PM

Hello All, I have been having so much fun on your site and love the way everyone interacts so I thought I would add a few words to this forum so you could know who I am. I live in the United States and have never ventured out of the country, but I would love to. For work I help people with Developmental Disabilities receive Medicaid funds to pay for services they need to help them become more independent in their lives. I've worked in this field for about 23 years now and do truly love it. I just recently started rediscovering my artistic side. I did a lot of art in the form of drawing and photography in my younger days but lost touch in more recent years. This past Christmas I decided to give myself a present and buy oil painting supplies. I had always wanted to try oil painting and dreamed of spending my retirement years painting away. It was a great decision. They were like nothing else I had ever experienced. Oil painting feels so natural to me and I can get lost in it for hours. Up to this point I have only done 4 oil paintings but can't wait to get to a new one every weekend I am a true animal lover and think they are the most beautiful thing earth has to offer. In the past my subjects of interest were mainly people but now I find animals much more interesting which is what draws me to your site. Thanks to all of you for sharing your beautiful art and selves.
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 04:39 PM

Hello All, I have been having so much fun on your site and love the way everyone interacts so I thought I would add a few words to this forum so you could know who I am. I live in the United States and have never ventured out of the country, but I would love to. For work I help people with Developmental Disabilities receive Medicaid funds to pay for services they need to help them become more independent in their lives. I've worked in this field for about 23 years now and do truly love it. I just recently started rediscovering my artistic side. I did a lot of art in the form of drawing and photography in my younger days but lost touch in more recent years. This past Christmas I decided to give myself a present and buy oil painting supplies. I had always wanted to try oil painting and dreamed of spending my retirement years painting away. It was a great decision. They were like nothing else I had ever experienced. Oil painting feels so natural to me and I can get lost in it for hours. Up to this point I have only done 4 oil paintings but can't wait to get to a new one every weekend I am a true animal lover and think they are the most beautiful thing earth has to offer. In the past my subjects of interest were mainly people but now I find animals much more interesting which is what draws me to your site. Thanks to all of you for sharing your beautiful art and selves.
Attached Images

#79   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 04:51 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Hello, Suzie. Very pleased to meet you. I am sure you will have a very enjoyable time here and meet lots of helpful, interesting people.

Your work must be rewarding. I volunteer at an Alzheimer’s Support Day Club.

My favourites subjects to paint/draw are dogs. I hope you will take part in the monthly Animal & Wildlife challenges. New photos are posted on the 1st of the month and we post our work on the 20th.

I look forward to seeing your paintings. I’ve not used oils and am attending a day course in March to learn how to use them.

Penny
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from Canada

Hey, nice to "meet" you all.
My name is Shauna and I live in the beautiful city of Abbotsford, BC with my husband. I learned how to draw and paint in a small, farmhouse studio in the prairies with a teacher I knew as "Grandma". She was such a huge inspiration to me in and out of the art studio. I always dabbled in different art projects, but it wasn't until "Grandma" passed in 2015 that I decided to start taking my art more seriously and get involved in the local art community to honour her memory.
My husband and I lost our most beloved lab, shepherd, husky cross named Wilson in April of last year. I am waiting anxiously, and not so patiently for my husband to be ready to open his heart to another, but he's not there yet.
Well, that was rather sad... thankfully, art is very therapeutic.
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 05:51 PM

Hi Penny, Nice to meet you too! I've already looked into the challenge and plan on giving it a try. I have two dogs. A Boxer and a small rescue dog that I got from the shelter. They are the light of my life

Welcome Shauna !
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 05:57 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

That is good, Suzie. My dog, Indy, is my reason to keep going. My sister had three boxers, at once. I’m pleased you have checked out the challenges.
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2020, 06:01 PM
A Local Legend
Wiltshire, England

Hails from England

Hello, Shauna. I’m pleased to meet you. I had a holiday, in my youth, in Abbotsford in Devon.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dog. I look on it that you cannot replace a beloved pet, but you can love another one and give it a chance in life. I hope your husband is able to do that for another dog.

I look forward to seeing your artwork. It sounds as though you enjoyed Grandma’s teaching.
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:11 AM
Germany

Hails from Germany

What a delight to meet you Suzie. Lovely to have you with us and learn more about you. We have a chat room too, and you are welcome to join us there where we share every day things .

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades
  #85   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2020, 03:14 AM
Germany

Hails from Germany

Shauna, great to meet you. It is such a gift to have had an encouraging teacher. I am so sorry you lost your lovely dog and I know just how it feels. When our Jack Russel Muffin died, we were so sad. She was so much part of our lives and we could not imagine replacing her. Just take your time and slowly the sadness and emptiness is replaced with wonderful memories, funny moments and the pain gets less and less. Hugs from me.

My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades