Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DaciaC

Hello guys, how’re you?

First things first, I’m sorry if this thread has been posted before! I’m new and have been roaming around the site to see if there was something topic-related but couldn’t find any.

I’m looking for a powder/pigment/other that could pass as makeup powder in terms of consistency, gloss and texture (kinda tough to tick all the boxes, I know!) to incorporate to a canvas. I was thinking of dyed sand and brick dust (questionable much? Not exactly the best choice out there, is it?) but have no doubt there’re better materials (which I clearly can’t think of at the moment).

Needless to say, every suggestions is more than welcome! Thanks in advance for your time!

Have a nice day (preferably with a coffee in hand),

Dacia.

Cyndi L

One idea: look for mica powders made specifically for art. They come in lots of colors, mostly they’re sparkly, and they blend easily with your fingers. Mica is actually the base of most makeup :)

Cyndi L

Second thought, similar: powdered pigments like Pearl-Ex.

DaciaC

I’ll check ’em both! Oh by the way, do you think they’d stick to canvas/wood, using the right glue?

Thank you very much, Cyndi! Much Appreciated!

Cyndi L

Yeah, they’ll stick. The biggest problem is if you want to retain the sparkle, you have to figure out how to get them stuck down without any of the glue over top of them. Embedding them dulls them right down, at least the brands I’ve tried.

DaciaC

Got it! Thanks again, Cyndi! I truly appreciate your time.

Welcome DaciaC!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

DaciaC

Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.