Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Fright and Flight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vegaskip

Startled Deer in the Highlands of Scotland.
        15” X 11” W/C
        Jim
        [ATTACH]870490[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!

Christel

DreyDay

The composition elements with the dark colors in the middle look great. I like how you painted the deer there too, with their refined detail, and how you were able to depict them in action: great job with that. The trees in the background look great, with good sharpness with the ones up front. However, I’m wondering why are all the trees leaning to the right?

vegaskip

The composition elements with the dark colors in the middle look great. I like how you painted the deer there too, with their refined detail, and how you were able to depict them in action: great job with that. The trees in the background look great, with good sharpness with the ones up front. However, I’m wondering why are all the trees leaning to the right?

Probably prevailing wind, it was like that in the reference pic. and as it was a commission of an actual event, (although I added the Deer) and a real location, that’s how I painted it. The area is on a ‘low flying’ exercise route in Scotland. I was commissioned to paint several paintings of sightings of low flying aircraft. I was given photographs of the locations and a verbal description and details of the a/c
                Here is the complete painting, the a/c is an RAF Tornado.
                Jim
                [ATTACH]870505[/ATTACH]

Dorrart

I saw the first one and I knew that eventually the jet would come through! Nicely painted. Good action of the animals and the jet.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

vegaskip

I saw the first one and I knew that eventually the jet would come through! Nicely painted. Good action of the animals and the jet.

Well you wouldn’t expect to see a painting by Monet of his garden pond without Water Lilies.! Remove the deer and a/c and you have a tree covered hill. Now where have I seen paintings like that?
                        Jim

Pine Cone

Yeah, same here :eek: :eek:

Familiar emotions and reactions, beautifully captured. Nice work 🐾

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.