WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2003, 07:15 PM
A WC! Legend
England

Hails from England
Exclamation Dick Blick shipping costs to UK info

Just to let you know .... that Ive found it near on impossible to getting any art supplies from the area I live in ..... despite hunting on the internet, numerous phone calls.... travelling around etc. So I just gave up the hassle and went to Dick Blick.... personally think its a brilliant site..... can see online what you are ordering.. shades of paper etc...... their service is impeccable... polite and quick... cant praise them enough
I ordered some Nupastels which I have been told are unobtainable in the Uk .... so was especially delighted to find them at the moment in their sale at half price.

... so this is just basically to remind you that there are some extra costs involved that I wasnt aware of prior.

You can order online which they will confirm to you by email.... and then email you again with the cost of shipping... I believe that if you feel this is too much you can cancel the order with no problems.
Obviously this is charged in USD $ Dollars.. so to convert into sterling ... divide the total by 1.60 (this is appx. current exchange rate which changes daily .....exchange rates can be found easily on the net) .. sterling GBP £ value ..... they normally ship using Fed-Ex and comes within days...... this can be tracked on the net (which is really interesting too ) .. now this is the bit I didnt know lol...... I forgot that you get charged Import Duties Boooooo Hisss!!! ... probably easier to say.....just mulitply the sterling value by the normal 17.5% for Vat.. and this is what you will be charged for Import Duty (VAT)

just to let you know appx. how much in the end it will cost you ... small charge for admin fees

>........ Im still really pleased with my purchases and their excellent site and customer services

Last edited by Dark_Shades : 01-24-2003 at 01:40 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2003, 07:50 AM
Lord of the Arts
Depends on the Day!

Hails from United States
Glad to hear you found something to pull resources from Bloody tight there in the UK it sounds!!LOL
But you know that you can always find something Flatbottom cheappppppp here in the states and Ill ship it to ya Ill even wrap it in GREEN FOR YA hehe
Cheers kiddo!!!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast
Powys, Wales

Hails from Wales
Dark_Shades - thanks for info.

Just one thing - import duties - I assume this is 5.7% and not 5.7 times.

Dave
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2003, 12:51 PM
A WC! Legend
England

Hails from England
Thanks Dave you are right...... went back and edited ...... hopefully easier to understand now .... was late/early when I posted

Last edited by Dark_Shades : 01-24-2003 at 01:41 PM.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2003, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast
Lexington Kentucky USA

Hails from England
Sorry to hear you're having problems in getting materials.

Have you tried the S.A.A. (Society for All Artists) ? If you are a member, then you get a discount.

You may also like to try Lawrence . I haven't usd them, but I hear they have a good range.

Sounds like Elaine (of "The Strawberry Thief") has either stopped trading or moved

Hope this has helped.

My Website
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2003, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
Oregon, USA

Hails from United States
Don't forget to check aswsale.com and aswexpress.com; the sale site has remarkable deals on art supplies.

Shari