Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Thursday 13th February 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, all, a clear sky this morning, though we are expecting another storm this weekend.

Art class this morning.

Well, I received my memory foam mattress topper and have got up with no back ache! Looks promising.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shadye1

Gaia fighting back with yet another storm.
        Good Morning All.

Good morning Rod, clouded over now and just had a light shower.

Doug

Que Sera

Morning Doug and Rod. Doug, glad you had a good night’s sleep. I worry that memory foam would be too warm for me.

I had a bit of excitement at the quiz last night – almost won “Play Your Cards Right”! So near, and yet so far …..

Uschi, I’m hoping your nose is healing nicely, and Annie that goes double for your ankles.

I’m going to do a bit of shopping this morning, at least I hope so. My wardrobe could do with refreshing but sometimes I see lots I like and other times I come home with nothing, vowing to lose a couple of stone.

I’m going out for a meal with my girlfriends tonight. We’ve pre-ordered our food as we’re a big party, but if course few of us can remember what we ordered so it’s always a pleasant surprise! Fortunately my beloved is also going out for a meal so no cooking to be done this evening.

Greetings to all who wash up later.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

Marshall

Morning all. Rain later this evening if the weathermen are correct. Lately their record hasn’t been too good.

Noting planned other than Chris and I will celebrate Valentines Day today to avoid the crowds tomorrow. Going to just see how the rest of the day goes.

Morning Doug, Rod and QS.

Stay safe,

Marshall
                Living the retired life in NE Florida

Bill

Good day all,

A winter wonder land out there with the overnight snow. Supposed to be very cold today.

Doug, glad the mattress is working out for you. So, you have a memory foam mattress with a topper?

QS, Janet and I do most of our shopping online. But, it’s nice, too, to get out and just move around with other shoppers.

Marshall, enjoy your valentines day. At our age we pretty much ignore it now, but glad to see you young lovers celebrating.

Cold enough to defrost our old freezer. I put it all in boxes in the garage and let the frost and ice in the freezerl melt away. It still works so no sense in trading it in.

Hi Annie, heal soon.
                    Rachael, we miss you.
                    Uschi, hope you heal soon.
                    Ted, glad you are finding some relief today.

Bill

Be kinder than necessary

I have a firm spring box mattress with a memory foam topper. Ruth has a full memory foam mattress Bill.

We are blessed with several supermarkets in the town so all our household and food shopping is done locally. That said I am a regular customer of Amazon Prime.

Doug

A good Thursday to all…..cloudy skies here, sun isn’t up, but chilly. Will have sun today (supposedly) but wind is coming out of the N, so temps won’t rise above 40°. Tonight they fall in to the low 20’s……thank gawd for heaters and long sleeved Henley’s………..

No big plans today, yesterday was busy enough. Nothing major came from the meeting with the Endo……nothing imminent. Gallbladder will most likely have to be removed, but she was more concerned with the TIA like episode from the day before. Has scheduled follow up consultations with my Cardiologist and my Neurologist for a cardio work up and an MRI (has been 2 -3 years since my last one). We shall see….it’ll be a puttering about the studio day.

One of biggest pet peeves is people who don’t do their jobs properly….yesterday at my Endo’s office, one of the young girls who does the “check in” and takes your vitals, took my BP. She had the small cuff on the device and it wouldn’t fit over my bicep, so instead of taking the reading where she’s supposed to take it, which would have required her to change out cuffs that was hanging on a wall peg right behind me sitting in the chair…..easily within arms reach for her….would have taken all of 10 seconds….she takes the reading on my forearm…..and writes down the result of 91/57 without batting an eyelid…..which my Endo took notice of during our visit. I told her not to use that reading, that her staff member took the reading on the forearm not the bicep and that my home reading that morning had been 121/88 which is a little elevated on the bottom number, but closer to my usual BP that I take every morning and every night…..better than my reading the night before which had been 141/98…the Endo checked my BP and it was 117/78 and my PR was 58. She still wants a “full cardio work” up since my last one was at least 6 years ago just prior to my first hip replacement……I hate those chemical stress test. They give me a massive headache and it taste like I’m sucking on copper pennies for the next couple of days……anyways, I got side tracked, what is it about people who just have no concerns about what kind of job they do….just going through the motions, like warming their seat is enough to justify their getting a pay check? I don’t get it. (pet peeve rant over).

Cats need feeding, time for meds and some breakfast. Greetings to all here and those to come……have a lovely day, evening or night. BBL

Be good, do good….
                    Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

:wave: Cold here too, a light sprinkle of snow. Grocery morning for me, and Folk dance this afternoon. Then tomorrow I am going to clear a bin of wool in preparation for taking it to good will, must get going on clearing out some of my clutter. DD is coming on Sat to run errands with me, so I have a deadline! That and a bunch of pictures that will go to the art school auction.

Hope Annie is more comfortable today, and that all goes smoothly for Ted and Char.

Greetings to all, and hugs to all in need :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                    www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                    "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

:wave: everyone,
                    It’s sunny and lovely blue skies. However, the windchill is -43 right now and not warming up much during the day.

I have some online banking and emails first thing then I’m off to the gym. Paperwork us waiting to be done this afternoon then this evening is our art club’s business meeting. So a routine day.

Char – one of the things we are loving about GoodFood is using new ingredients and having completely new dishes. Brian is surprised he is liking things like vegetarian curry’s. :lol: I’m enjoying pouring in ingredients I’ve never heard of. But the thing I like most is grabbing a bag from the fridge knowing that everything you need is right there. No more digging through the fridge collecting all the ingredients only to find you are missing something. Tomorrow we are having whiskey rubbed pork chops. :thumbsup:

Annie – I hope your pain is under control and you are starting to heal. :grouphug:

Uschi – I hope your super healing powers kick in and your wound heals quickly with no pulling.

I need to get breakfast and get going so I’ll wish you all good health.

www.ellenspalette.com

Good Morning Everyone! The snow is falling yet again. Mother Nature’s approach to our winter this year is almost enjoyable. She drops a little snow on us, cleaning up and brightening our landscape. She keeps it cold for a few days to hang onto the whiteness. Then, she warms up, melts it away and we begin again. There’s been no shoveling or snow blowing necessary. :heart:

I am printing out my Class notes and slides so I can review them before I log in to the class. It’s a lot of paper and I’m filling a binder. But, it really helps to follow along without having to write as much as I typically do. We’re learning about micronutrients today.

Ted has to go to town to have bloods drawn again. He’s really unhappy about it, but it has to be done so he can have the pericentisis tomorrow.

Doug, I’m glad that your new topper gave you a good night’s sleep!!

Bore da, Rod!

QS, good luck shopping for new outfits. And I think your big dinner will be a lot of fun, too!! :clap:

Enjoy your Valentine’s dinner with Chris, Marshall. People complain so much about the commerciality of all these Holidays, but I love them. :heart:

Bill, defrosting the freezer is a big, unpleasant job. I have never regretted getting rid of ours because it forces me to shop minimally. Like you, I do a lot of our shopping online with good ole Amazon. I am criticized for it because the local shops are suffering.

Steve, it’s all about work ethic, I think. Remember that younger generations were rewarded in everything for just showing up. They never had to strive for excellence in their performance. We’re all paying the price for that now because they’re still just showing up. :(

Lynn, I didn’t realize that Goodwill accepted yarn. I have a stash. :)

Ellen, McKenzie made that meal last night. Be sure to scrape the leavings in your skillet because the “rub” gets left behind. :)

I have lots of note pages to review so I’d better log off here. I could just read them from the laptop, but there’s something about paging through paper and jotting things down that makes the learning “stick”.

Rachel, I do hope you’re feeling more upbeat and can return to the Wash.

Annie, I hoping that you’re able to hobble a little and will be returning home soon, too.

Uschi, you know you’re going to x-post with me. And Sylvia, too.

:wave: I hope to be back later. In the meantime, have a great day!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Weather changes, snowing right now, dull and around -1C for the day and then it rapidly goes down to -20C over night. But when it’s cold it is sunny, so tomorrow will be sun:thumbsup:

No scrabble today, two of the ladies have doctor’s appointments, the joys of getting older:)

I have to go to the hospital for dressing change this morning. Since I have to change it every two days I will ask them to show me so I can do it myself and maybe only go on Saturdays to make sure all is going well.

I slacked off on doing my sketching homework so will have to do several today to catch up for tomorrow’s class.

Les, yours and Bills “sketches” I think are too detailed for what our teacher and I have in mind. We are aiming for quick impressions, like the ones Doug is doling while looking out of a moving bus window.

Doug, how is Ruth liking her memory foam mattress??? The memory foam slab (4″ thick) I bought when they first came out is magic. I have not had a back ache after sleeping in years.

Steve, sorry your Endo’s visit wasn’t more encouraging. Why would you need to do the chemical stress test???? Yes, incompetent people are annoying and downright dangerous.

QS, as mentioned above I have had a memory foam slab for many years and covered it with a quilted mattress cover and do not find it hot. Losing “stones” is a bit drastic, isn’t it:)

Marshall, enjoy your celebration!! How is your diet/lifetime change coming about?

I always leave an item out of my shopping list to force me to go to the store the next day simply to get out and moving.

Char, we might X post again:) Nice that you can switch your class days around, definitely a benefit of internet learning:thumbsup:

((((((((Annie)))))))

:wave: to you Rod and Bill!!

Uschi

Just posted my Works on Paper Show photos here. Enjoy.

Cheers, Sylvia

Good Morning all,
                        It is a bit after 9:00 a.m. here in snowy Oakwood. I can hear Larry shoveling the driveway because we are heading out to the dentist in a little while and he doesn’t want to have to battle the snow on top of ice as he backs out of the garage up hill (our garage is under the house so the driveway slopes down).

Doug, Glad you had a good night’s sleep. Hope the foam mattress topper is the secret. :D

QS, Sounds like a fun evening at the Quiz and dinner with your friends tonight.

Read all but have to cut this short to get ready for our dentist visit. No problems, just a 6 mos. checkup and cleaning. We have a great dentist, been going to him for 20 years now. :D

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

webLes

Morning all we finished the puzzle here

winship5.jpeg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.