WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Lord of the Arts
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Pris

See! See! 17 year old Attalus had a right to worry.

Seriously, Woody, that is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Heh, I did a girl in armor in college (with my new Staedtler pen and Pelikan ink that I found on sale in the student book store). I liked it so well that I found a frame that fit it and hung it up in my apartment. The first girl who saw it (the drawn woman was kneeling in surrender with her hands up) said "She looks like she is offering herself." I honestly didn't think of it that way, being in a Chicks in Chainmail period, but I saw what she meant and took it down. It got lost when I moved to Dallas to go to medical school. I wish I still had it.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2017, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast
Los Angeles, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attalus
See! See! 17 year old Attalus had a right to worry.

Seriously, Woody, that is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Heh, I did a girl in armor in college (with my new Staedtler pen and Pelikan ink that I found on sale in the student book store). I liked it so well that I found a frame that fit it and hung it up in my apartment. The first girl who saw it (the drawn woman was kneeling in surrender with her hands up) said "She looks like she is offering herself." I honestly didn't think of it that way, being in a Chicks in Chainmail period, but I saw what she meant and took it down. It got lost when I moved to Dallas to go to medical school. I wish I still had it.

I wish I still had my first sale....a cartoon I did and sent in to a surfer magazine.

I drew the image in ink and it was two sharks facing each other with a tilted surf board between them with a big bite taken out of its fiberglass length....the one shark said to the other, "I NEVER MET A SURFER I DIDN'T LIKE!"

I got $20.00 and two issues of the mag the cartoon was in. It was 1966....and I was fourteen years old.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Lord of the Arts
Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyWelch
I wish I still had my first sale....a cartoon I did and sent in to a surfer magazine.

I drew the image in ink and it was two sharks facing each other with a tilted surf board between them with a big bite taken out of its fiberglass length....the one shark said to the other, "I NEVER MET A SURFER I DIDN'T LIKE!"

I got $20.00 and two issues of the mag the cartoon was in. It was 1966....and I was fourteen years old.
Heh, reminds me of what my old chief told me when he sent me a patient without insurance needing her gallbladder removed. "Once you get paid for a surgery, you never want to do it for free again".
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM
WC! Guide
Missouri, I'm still in Colorado in my heart

Hails from United States

Great stories guys!
Woody your Mom was right to give you the better references.
You have learned your lessons well!

Dianna

C and C always welcome.
My DeviantArt Gallery http://dianna-art.deviantart.com/gallery/
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2017, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast
Los Angeles, CA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
Great stories guys!
Woody your Mom was right to give you the better references.
You have learned your lessons well!

I try....