WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > Café Guerbois
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-28-2019, 01:25 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States
Re: **WC Back-up sites**

I'm curious where things stand now. I read in another thread that the book division of FW was sold sometime back, so where does that leave the "Community" - including WC - parts of the company?

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

#62   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

So are the volunteer staff, we get little or no communication from the site owners.

Doug
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Arkansas

Hails from United States

It looks like the "Communities" portion of F+W is now owned by Peak Media. Does anyone know anything else about this?

https://www.peakmediaproperties.com/...ities/fine-art

"Things fall apart, it's scientific." - David Byrne
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2019, 04:36 PM
Arkansas

Hails from United States

Found this:

https://www.foliomag.com/peak-media-...fw-bankruptcy/

"Things fall apart, it's scientific." - David Byrne
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

All I know is that work on a new wetcanvas site is ongoing.

Doug
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2019, 04:37 PM
On my den 🐺

Hails from United States

Hello there !

I joined to the reddit WC created by caldwell.brobeck. Oh, they are updating wetcanvas software! That's best news I have heard, Yorky! Looking forward for it.

Keep us updated please.

Long life for WetCanvas!!!
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2019, 05:18 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I must inform you that the site owners are actively working on a modernised version of the wetcanvas forum. The commitment is to to maintain the existing site until a replacement site is ready.

Doug
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2019, 06:56 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

That is very good news Doug!

I pressed the space bar but I'm still on earth!
My work on Facebook
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2019, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

Yorky thank you for updating,
sorry if I ask because you have not received much news for a long time yet this forum is great for moderators, users and administrators (thanks to all really,) who live it and have made it an extraordinary place, an incredible resource,
since I discovered it almost every day maybe I go to try to read (at least in the forums of topics that I feel closer or generic sections but also beauty and the many forums, media and topics etc) news but also discussions from years ago that are large and there are so many incredible artists, works that carve eyes and give positive emotions. nice to fish then.
I wanted to ask if you know if there will be new forum if then the discussions will be maintained, the various forums, if you know.
(sorry disturb and that I have for example so many links saved in the favorites that I like to come back and many that I have not read, and then posted, wetcavans is helping me so much to keep trying to practice, I am last arrived and it is not so I should not talking and it is not only important for me the forum but I am really loving wetcavans, the contents and the people present are something fantastic, without equal and seriously is what I believe should only be safeguarded and praised indefinitely, and then what it does if you reconnect and reconnect it, you have done something great about it thanks), I ask of course only if possible and if you know, last question and so if users' registrations will remain then, we could relocate normally.
thanks
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2019, 05:45 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

It is not clear yet, but the current forum layout will be largely mirrored on the new site and memberships will be transferred hopefully together with old threads.

Members will be given notice before the change is made and I assume there will be a redirect from wetcanvas.com to the new site for anyone trying to log in to this site. There will inevitably be differences but the intention is to keep the community together.

As details become available I will keep members in touch.

Doug
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2019, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member

thank you for your reply and to inform us,
my hope is to find the various forums (they are so many and incredible) with the threads as well as the various moderators,
all this I find that would be the most beautiful thing and that wetcavans deserves.
then who runs forums and the various forums of the various sections, (which I do not know well all the sections but in those that I now consider the mods familiar as users participate for some years or from the beginning) really do an incredible job.

still nice that the intention is to keep the community together because it bodes well then and because the community is exceptional, then yes, any changes by changing address, etc are important, I think it is important to save as much content as possible and especially wetcavans forum that a reference point for artists, for those who are passionate about any form of art (variety view), it is a reference for many incredible artists (really, the art that is here is fantastic, it was personally was, is, even a way to discover many exceptional artists , their beautiful works), great artists and so many beautiful people here, I wanted to say this, now and thank you again for the answer