WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pen and Ink
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Near Washington DC

Hails from United States
New Pen & Ink Artist

So, I've finally decided to join your forum here! I'm a pen & ink artist who lives and works in Northern VA, right outside Washington DC. I have a studio at the recently renovated Workhouse Arts Center (Formerly the Prison Without Walls! - The Lorton Workhouse Correctional Facility). I've decided to join this forum mostly because I don't know many artists who work in Pen & Ink (I'm one of the only ones at the workhouse) and I would love to get to know you.

I have a unique pen & ink style that I have been working in for about four years now. I try to merge many different things together in my drawings to give them a timeless sort of look. You could say that my work is a mix of ancient Japanese and medieval Irish but, it is also a mix of circuitry, star-charts and Sci-fi. I'm inspired by works like The Book of Kells. I'm inspired by artists like Motoi Yamamoto, Makoto Fujimura, and Theo Kamecke.

Anyways, I would love to have your feedback on my work.

I tend to like to post images on my site rather than on forums so let me know if I should change that here - should I post images right onto wetcanvas or do you like to click on links or not?

My Pen of choice is the Bic Z4 (but they are kinda hard to find now). My Paper of choice is Stonehenge. But most of the time I'm working with 01 or 005 Microns on Strathmore 80lb drawing paper.

Regards,
Matthew Kiehl
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Philadelphia

Re: New Pen & Ink Artist

Welcome! My preference is to post images here instead of links. I post an image here but then also have higher resolution posts on places like Fine Art America. I use Flickr a lot too.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Near Washington DC

Hails from United States

Thanks for your thoughts Scott. I'm thinking about using Flickr too. At the moment I'm using Wordpress because I think it has a nice professional look. I'm not sure if I like flicker or not but I know many people who are using it.

my site is http://mdkiehl.wordpress.com

What have you used online that creates the most interest in your work? (That could probably be a whole forum topic... is it?)
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 AM
WC! Guide
South Australia

Hails from Australia

Welcome to the P&I Forum Matthew. It would be so much better for you to post your images in this forum, in preference to a link. Everyone else posts in the forum, and it makes it so much easier for viewers to post their comments. Looking forward to seeing something from you on WC. There is nothing to stop you from posting your Link in your Signature Line (at the bottom of your post), like I have posted my Website. I hope you will join in and enjoy.

Val.

Last edited by valchina612 : 02-22-2012 at 06:02 AM.