WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Partner: WetCanvas Live! > Partner: WetCanvas Live! with Johannes Vloothuis
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#136   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Immortalized
Hamilton, Ontario

Hails from Canada
Re: Homework Week 2-Essentials of Painting Waterfalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtbyPeggy
Here's the second waterfall I've ever done. Hopefully, it's better than my first
Since I still don't have my paints, this was done with colored pencils.

I would've left more white of the paper for the foam.
  #137   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2012, 11:02 AM

Question to Johannes. There are dozens of good paintings submitted as homework in this and the previous waterfalls class with no critiques online and no critiques here in the forum by you. It seems like too many people are submitting homework for you to handle. Any ideas on how to handle this going forward? Early submitted homework makes it to the online review and will be in the purchaseable download eventually. Late submitted homework or resubmitted homework you review here. Should those artists who submitted their homework and hoped for an online review resubmit for feedback, or will you be going through the ones never reviewed online? Terrific to see so many people doing the homework, and I know you have been crushed by it; then when there are technical glitches in broadcasting, something has to give. I think this is important to look at for your future courses with enthusiastic new artists trying to incorporate your teachings. Can some of us help by commenting more on posted homework? Stu
  #138   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:30 PM
North Dakota

Hails from Canada

Thanks so much for the comments Johannes. I was not happy with the original I posted so started to work on it again and then read your comment. I made a few changes and my 7 year old granddaughter told me the waterfall doesn't look frozen anymore. I am also watching your videos on Painting from Photographs, and the amount of information in them is wonderful. I also need to learn to take the photo in the same room with the same lighting!
  #139   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Puerto Rico

Hails from Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by painterted
I have to thank you Joe for your waterfall workshop. In this painting I'm using way less pastel and using more white of the paper.

ted

Ted, this is beautiful! I'm a big fan of your work. Do you have a website?

Grisel