Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching The Sixth – Portrait of Livia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This is my latest portrait drawing. I’m still experimenting on maximizing this look. This time I made the background feel lighter unlike my previous drawings which is very dark and heavy. I think I like the lighter version. It feels sketchy yet finished because of the well rendered face. What do you think? C&C are welcome. Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

This is not photoshop filter or photoshop brush effect. This is graphite (face) and graphite + vine charcoal (background) on A3 Canson watercolor paper.

I also include my macro shot using Nikon D810 in NEF format. https://drive.google.com/open?id=145YK2nXFP8jA0KFxAXsyiyo99OzcTu0d

janinco

I love the series and your gentle transition from the graphite to charcoal. The macro shot is amazing. Is that cold pressed paper? It looks like it has a lot of texture.

Jan

Well done!

Christel

Anonymous

janinco Hi Jan, sorry for the late reply, I forgot to subscribe to my own thread. LOL. It is indeed cold pressed paper. but the texture is not because of the paper texture, it’s because I manually draw little dots so it looks like a pencil particles. It was done after I sketch initially using vine charcoal stick though.

This isn’t the same drawing, it’s my self portrait but the process is the same. I’m currently working on my youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/vpuv1RfRLiY

tuscanny Thank you Christel!

janinco

That’s a great video! Thanks for sharing. I haven’t tried blending with a brush before.

Jan

Anonymous

janico i’ve tried using paper stomp, tissue, q tips, but none of them give me the look I wanted.. I love using brush and it feels more natural to me, I do oil painting as well.

isuki

Beautiful! Exciting drawing. Well done. It includes both realism and a looseness that compliments the more abstract elements of the clothing.

Anonymous

Isuki Thank you Sue for the kind words. :)

LENGERT

Love your style.

sanlynn

Anonymous

Thank you Sanlynn, I’m glad you like the drawing.. :)

dreadheadnino

this is unique and well executed rather impressive cheers

ntl

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.