Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily Thursday 14 November 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    damar

Thursday already!
        Hello Everyone!

This is from last weekend

The texture in the brick chimney is lost at this size.
        Fujifilm X100F

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
        Photos are ©2021
        Dreamin

Lovely old shed, Patty. Yes, I sure wish we could see the images much larger….lots of detail in the knotty pine and the bricks!

Natalie

Humburger

Lovely, Patty.

Hi, Natalie.

Today is our anniversary, Mr. Beloved and I. 38 years. I don’t have any good photos, so here is one that was taken with an instamatic by a bridesmaid.

I scanned a photo album page. LOL!

Ginny
                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                C & C Welcome

Dreamin

Happy Anniversary, Ginny! May you share many more happy years ahead!!

Natalie

Anonymous

Damar, loads of appeal to that old building and impressive clarity and clean color in you photo.

Hi Natalie.

Congratulations, Ginny.

Yesterday I managed to be out walking for both the sunrise and the sunset.

neighborhood sunset #1…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm taken @ 52mm, manual mode, 1/1600 sec, f/4.8, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

neighborhood surise #1…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm taken @ 18mm, manual mode, 1/320 sec,
                        f/3.5, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

Humburger

Thanks, Dave. That sunset looks like a painting. Beautiful!

I had to hurriedly snatch up my phone, open a living room window, throw up the screen, put the phone camera in manual mode, adjust, and snap a dozen photos. If I don’t hurry, I miss the opportunity. If I do hurry, sometimes I just make a mess. I think it worked out this time. Last night’s sunset:

Ginny
                            www.virginiacmccoy.com
                            C & C Welcome

damar

Lovely old shed, Patty. Yes, I sure wish we could see the images much larger….lots of detail in the knotty pine and the bricks!

Hi Natalie!
                                Good to see you! Hope all is well for you and family!
                                That house was on some acreage we looked at.
                                It was probably the original home and then sometime around the late 40s,
                                a newer home was built next to it.
                                That’s common around here. Multi-generational occupation.
                                The old place was just packed with junk. Looks like they jacked up the front end too high!
                                (they do that…put a jack under the corners, lift the bottom of the house and stick a few more rocks or bricks underneath)
                                The latest rock is usually smaller than the previous.

Congratulations Ginny and Your Beloved!
                                Even through the candles, a lovely couple!

Thanks Dave!
                                Don’t you just love November skies?
                                Always the best color and clouds.

Photos are ©2021
                                damar

Wow Ginny!
                                    Not bad for a FAST phone snapshot!!!
                                    Beautiful!

Photos are ©2021

Patty, Thanks for starting today’s daily. I love both of your photos but the demonstration on how to level a house with cement blocks and stones is a real hoot. Do you think you keep adding rocks until they are the size of a pebble? :lol:

The roof on the house in the first photo is in good shape and hopefully preserving the vintage contents of the house. Looks like a pretty cool chimney. You certainly have put plenty of miles on your scooter searching, and thankfully that is all free. I hope your dreams are not burst. Maybe you just haven’t found the right spot. Will you be finding a place close to family? At our age, that is an important consideration.

Ginny, That is a special photo taken at one of many special moments during the marriage ceremony. Congratulations on 38 years. Years like that use to be common, not anymore. Now it is quite an accomplishment. My husband and I will celebrate our anniversary at the end of the month. This will be 37 years for us. By the way, it snowed the morning of our wedding. My mother told me it was good luck. Her and my dad were married on November 8th, guess what, it snowed on their wedding day too.

Natalie,
                                    Great to see you Natalie. I am sure you have been busy making sure that the chicken houses are ready for the harsh winter that the almanac is promising.

Dave, Sunrise, Sunset, … remember the song from Fiddler on the Roof?

Is this the little boy I carried
                                    Is this the little boy I played
                                    I don’t remember growing older
                                    When did they
                                    When did she get to be a beauty
                                    When did he grow to be so tall
                                    Wasn’t it yesterday when they were small
                                    Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset
                                    Swiftly go the days

Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
                                    Blossoming even as we gaze
                                    Swiftly fly the years
                                    One season following an other
                                    Laden with happiness and tears
                                    What words of wisdom can I give them
                                    How can I help to ease their ways
                                    Now they must learn from one another
                                    Day by day

They look so natural together
                                    Just like two newlyweds should be
                                    Is there a canopy installed for me
                                    Swiftly fly the years
                                    Laden with happiness and tears

Songwriters: Jerrold Bock, Sheldon Harnick

I think the song is perfect for Ginny’s wedding photo.

This married couple have been together for 94 years and look how happy they are.

Lorell

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Humburger

Lorell, I was singing that song after seeing Daves photos.

And your pic… LOL! That is great.

Ginny
                                        www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                        C & C Welcome

damar

Do you think you keep adding rocks until they are the size of a pebble? :lol:

Yes, I have been looking for some photos I have of exactly that!
                                            It never fails to amuse me!

Sunrise, Sunset….
                                            Here’s my vinyl double album set

I also bought the movie version and my grown daughter loved it.
                                            Stuck in my head for the rest of the day.
                                            Beautiful music.

Lorells 94 couple:
                                            Good grief, girl!
                                            :lol:

Photos are ©2021

I don’t know, Patty, if I am as impressed with the photo as much as the fact that you knew just where to find it in your house in that short of time.

That was such a good musical and definitely one of my favorites.
                                            However, my favorite musical of all times was The Sound of Music. But here is a list great of musicals that also belong on my Favorites list:

In no particular order
                                            The King and I (the first musical my mom took me to).
                                            My Fair Lady
                                            The Wizard of Oz
                                            Camelot
                                            Man of La Macha
                                            Grease (I had a crush on John Trivolta)

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Humburger

No particular order for me, either…

The King and I
                                                Camelot
                                                My Fair Lady
                                                Fiddler on the Roof
                                                The Sound of Music
                                                Blue Hawaii

Yes! Blue Hawaii! LOL! (Chadwick! Come hyah and give yo mama some shoogah!)

Ginny
                                                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                                C & C Welcome

(Chadwick! Come hyah and give yo mama some shoogah!)

OMG, I am laughing so hard right now.

I am having the time of my life right now. I am sitting here in my backroom and I just told Alexa to play the sound track to Man Of La Macha as I sit with my computer on my lap researching things that my family can buy me for my new camera for Christmas INSTEAD OF SWEATERS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.