Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The More from the atelier…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    earlselwyn

Back from a long break… this was my first night to work with a live model since May. And let me tell you, it feels like starting from scratch. I really choked on the profile. The model looks nothing like the image. It’ll get better. I think.

-Earl

instagram.com/earlselwyn/

Face looks fine to me Earl, who knows apart from you and the model ;) Great to have you back, it’s a fabulous start. Shadowing gives real depth :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

123harry

Looks OK. Nice solid torso. A few more sessions and you’ll be right back into the swing of things.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

earlselwyn

Another block in. Prep for long pose. -E

joe1It

very beautiful figures, beautiful as the first one is coming

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

earlselwyn

I was feeling a bit inspired by Harry and Candace… so here’s my first attempt at some gorilla art. This guy was working on some landscaping near my work. I ended up guessing on much of this… he wouldn’t stand still! I sketched the outlines and re-drew multiple times after he had moved on. Much of the detail is kinda made up. So the question now… is it convincing? Ive looked at it so much, I’m not sure I can tell. -Earl

123harry

It’s certainly convincing. Not only that but your way of getting it down on paper has given it a vigorous, immediate graphic style. Sketching from life like this is difficult, it is by its nature ‘kinda made up’. I really like it. More, more!

C&C always welcome.
                            Instagram harry.hamill

earlselwyn

Thanks Harry! I found it very difficult. I started with a stick figure. After getting the overall proportions down, I drew his back and arms maybe 7 or 8 times. It took a lot o pencil work that u don’t see, to get it here. It was a beat down. Funny thing… I’m happier with this drawing than much of my longer pose work. Not because I think it’s very good… rather I wasn’t sure I could do it at all. -E

Its excellent Earl, immeadiate art could well be for you:)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                                Instagram

a nice set of drawing Earl… each becoming more interesting than the previous, I think action poses are more interesting than static ones and you have to change your approach in order to convey things in a shorter time!

Mac

earlselwyn

First night of a long pose. -E

joe1It

it’s a beautiful start

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

do you use any measuring technique Earl or is it all by eye?

Instagram

earlselwyn

Dave- I’m sight sizing and I use a mirror to check myself. A mirror is my favorite tool for checking proportions. How do you do it? -E

I tend to do it by eye Earl, looking as much at negative space as anything else but I have a bad habit of starting at the wrong point, I think I should start somewhere in the middle of the pose (maybe the navel ;) ) and work outwards.

Instagram

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.