Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Some things from life and last video of croqui caffe

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    joe1It

Some things from life and last video of croqui caffe

This hand made 2 days ago and fingers. Paper a3 photocopy
        Yesterday I made these skulls from the model.
        Other times I tried to do above all trying to remember loomis,
        this time I tried in part like the past but I tried much more to see the model, to measure. So I did a little differently. There are 2 different positions of the model, 7b pencil the second photo. First with brown color.

Moreover I then made a video of croqui after a couple of weeks (where I had originally done some poses but from photos). However, as usual, I repeated or stopped the video, at least 3 times per pose.

The first two poses are not seen much. then I changed pencil, I took it as a proof but actually I hadn’t used it anymore and afterwards I had also bought a sanguine count together with a couple of blacks.

I made it with this sanguine that I had found a couple of years ago in a mini set (there is also a black one, I am pencils without wood I think)
        I had never used this in the last year because, due to a structure heavier than other pencils, and the color is very light to me, even trying to, I don’t know if the use is bad or it is really so,
        edit: tried now. however the signs come more if I keep it above all like a pen

thanks for seeing :wave:

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

123harry

The skull drawings have an exploratory line which shows you are looking and working to find the shapes.b
            The thumb needs looking at in the hand.
            Some nice suggestions of posture in the figure sheet.
            Keep going…..

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

joe1It

Harry thank you so much for seeing and for your words.
                I’ll try again

I agree with Harry but you seem to have slipped a bit from your last set. Dont worry, we all do it . I would suggest you take a close look at these and try and correct them with a different colour. You’ve worked hard on the figure set :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                Instagram
                https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

arl

I liked the hands and also the figures.

Arlene - C & C always appreciated
                    instagram.com/ababadart

ArtistOz

This is where a little construction can help try drawing boxes in perspective, below the eyeline and above the eyeline. The eyeline is the level of the eye as it recedes to the horizon. The same as the horizon line. This is why knowing perspective helps and you are suppose to wrestle with it figuring it out it doesn’t come easy as you are a magician tricking people’s eyes with illusions on paper.

Bill,
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                        Instagram, billwperry

joe1It

Arl, thank you so much.
                            David, thank you so much, thanks for the suggestion, I’ll do it.

ArtistOZ
                            Thank you so much for the indications on the perspective, for the practical example for the construction.
                            I hadn’t thought of the perspective in drawing that or trying to correct.
                            Thank you for remembering the importance of this, I think I have to try to fight with the perspective also on the sphere, on this kind of figures and to become more familiar with the 3-point perspective, ch.
                            You’re right, it’s not an easy prospect like shading which, as you say, is used to make 3D a 2d thing.
                            Actually I can’t pretend that something like this is easy but all the challenges are part of the magic and seeing a beautiful drawing is really like watching a beautiful sleight of hand,

then I can only love the design and that of the figure.

A greeting.
                            after I take pictures and add
                            :wave:

joe1It

yesterday I made this skull,
                                Sorry for the photo, the sheet had bruised and this made it more difficult to photograph it.
                                size. I used a4 sheet, most of the sheet, it is bigger than the others
                                Duration I don’t know if an hour or almost 2.
                                Made from this photo, it comes from wetcavans archive, I thank those who made it and published it.
                                I tried to check the measurements a little more. even if this time more between drawing and photo than between the parts of the subject.
                                * one thing I think I notice, teeth of skull

thanks for seeing it

joe1It

while I was doing it I didn’t realize,
                                    then reviewing it at the pc,
                                    the length seemed to me longer, I tried as David said with another color, red, to bring proportion closer, I hope they are close

ArtistOz

Joe. you are getting the shape of the jaw better.

The skull sits on a table the top of the table is a plane and the skull sits on that plane you have to take notice of the planes that people or objects rest on.

The green line along the jaw shows the plane and direction the skull rests on and if you draw an imaginary line or a real guideline from the jaw it will show you the relationships other parts have to that line. The red shows you the distance the Mastoid Process is from the plane of the table it is much closer than you have drawn it.

The crown is longer than you have drawn it. To help you draw curves you can draw straight lines from point to point then modify them to fit the image.

Personally I would look for better references with better lighting. This is lit from the front and frontal lighting flattens the image plus the skull is dirty and makes for a confusing reading of the tones and inner shapes.

I have Civardi’s Portrait Drawing translated into English and on page 30 and 31 he has examples of lighting. Civardi is a bit like Loomis but I think Loomis in Figure Drawing for What it’s Worth has more information maybe Civardi’s other books have the same information I haven’t read them, I do notice they are not expensive.

Bill,
                                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                                        Instagram, billwperry

joe1It

ArtistOz, thank you very much for the indications on the model, the lines have been useful to me to easily notice what you were saying about the proportions, on the parts of the skull.
                                            on drawing curves.
                                            Also thank you for the words on the table, thinking of the skeleton (as it were) and not the rest of the importance of the same table, which also helped to draw the skull. the floor, the spaces. thanks for directions on the photos,
                                            which I find very useful on things to pay attention to in the choice of references, it is something that is not easy to me so thank you very much.
                                            the book of Civardi actually begins with patterns, there are 2 drawings with plans that are those in the book of Loomis
                                            similar indications to those of the book of Loomis – Drawing the Head and Hands.
                                            book Loomis in Figure Drawing looks beautiful and then covers everything on the figure, I saw the mannequins and thought that I would have made more confusion in trying to draw the figure after I was trying to do with scribbling, gesture or with objects like boxes as in the example of changing or perhaps marking height or with a triangle. I thought that eventually I had to learn a good way before going on to figure another way, but I don’t know if it was the right thought and tackles so many themes and so it is actually excellent.

book of civardi, is ‘la testa umana, anatomia , morfologia ed espressione per l’artista’
                                            https://www.amazon.it/testa-umana-Ediz-illustrata/dp/8880392549
                                            I had not found reviews, information about it, I had thought of taking it instinctively because it might have been out of print and I couldn’t find it anymore

(put a few copies available and that was very voluminous)
                                            this one came out in 2002, it is quite voluminous than the others, it cost € 20 at the exit but now € 10, I thought at the beginning not to continue it because it suggested starting from the third part, part on morphology, which has many pages on statistics ( furthermore, without the initial part I found it difficult to follow and I thought of loomis, it seemed to me a bit too much on this part, but then I thought that it could be that it could therefore be a book on the head for anatomy), data on the various ethnic groups, many reports, is a text with many diagrams, 3/4 of the book is above all descriptive, in the book there are above all some small and medium pen schemes,
                                            there is also a part,
                                            *30 are about the pages with drawings, parts of the skull.
                                            it has a part, the initial one with indications on which to draw, later it has big skulls drawn in pen very realistically with parts of the skull, a lot of book is on indexes, on anatomy, initially I thought maybe to skip it to stay on Loomis – Drawing the Head and Hands and some pages on the forum about the design on the head or possibly the other books.

drawing light shade, chiaroscuro instead has about 60 pages and many examples, yes, it was cheap (you are right about the price) and I was curious about the topic and many examples, then there are about 10 pages with very large black and white photos , many examples, I thought his style was also nice, for hatching, crosshatching, his books also intrigued me for his drawings, which are perhaps therefore a way to get an idea about this, the traits, direction, designs maybe even useful for practicing

thanks for everything

Good practice Joe.

Nathan.
                                            C&C always appreciated.
                                            My art on Instagram

joe1It

Descartes

thank you so much

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.