Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art Making ATC or ACEO prints?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jacasteel

Does anyone know of software that will lay out a page of ATC cards for printing? I have a Canon Pixma Printer using Windows 10 and I would like to make some prints. However, I am clueless when it comes to setting up something outside of the pre-made sizes in photo printer software. I really need something like a template I can add the art to and print. Does anything like that exist?

I’m not sure, normally people don’t make prints of them, I’ve made prints of ones I’ve sent out for my own records but I used a photo program not Windows 10.
        Of

Be aware too that an ACEO means Art Card, Editions and Original. Prints might count as an ATC but never as an ACEO. Be sure if you’re selling them that the buyer is aware that it’s a print or they might get upset.

I’m not much help on the software front but you could ask in the Computer tech for Artists forum (click this link), they may be able to help you out.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

floblue

How do you like your printer. I was looking into them but haven’t purchased a printer for arts yet. Did you check Pinterest. I found some templates for zines on Pinterest they are similar in size to art cards. I make my own. This is how I did it. I laid out my cards on a sheet of acetate and then put it on my printer to copy. If you don’t have acetate those clear plastic sheets you slide papers into work really well too. I’ve used them successfully and they are cheap too. I use glue sticks to stick them to the plastic. Turn them over and print..

I found the following but it says it requires PhotoShop:

https://www.deviantart.com/xxdhxx/art/ATC-ACEO-Sketchcard-Template-155010239

I imagine it says it requires PhotoShop because it would use the .psd format. However many graphics software can open that format.

I’ve easily made my own templates for business cards in various software that have layers & it would be similar to make a template for ATCs.

Paint.net is a free software that you can download and use. I would think the template above would work in Paint.net as well as PhotoShop but haven’t tried it. And it would depend on how familiar with graphics software you are.

Also just found this youTube video which explains things very well:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xzWv9fYoo

Floblue, I have a pixma too. I love it but it does tell me it needs ink when I still have plenty. The last time it told me it was out, I used it for another four months before it was actually empty.

It doesn’t scan watercolors well but it does scan everything else including old photos well.

Thanks for the links AbyA, that’s great.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

jacasteel

Thanks for the info and links.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.