WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2010, 01:31 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Costa Blanca, Spain

Hails from Spain
Re: Project Discussion: 2011 Old Masters Trade

I think I also would prefer the ATC 2.5 x 3.5 size please. Nudes are okay, no problems. Do you need my address or do you still have it?
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2010, 12:54 AM
WC! Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmsk
I think I also would prefer the ATC 2.5 x 3.5 size please. Nudes are okay, no problems. Do you need my address or do you still have it?

I have it.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2010, 03:01 AM
Pasadena, CA, USA

Hails from United States

This sounds like an AWESOME swap! Very exciting! I don't mind different sizes or nudity, so any of the works are fine with me.

I've always loved Van Gogh (since the 2nd grade when we had to paint "sunflowers" for class). My dad had it matted and I was so proud of it! Unfortunately, my dad didn't FRAME it, and the family cat decided to shred it one night. I never would have believed that "my dog ate my homework" if I hadn't witnessed the destruction first hand!

Now is the perfect time to recreate "my" masterpiece.

Woohoo!!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2010, 03:59 AM
WC! Guide

But remember, you don't get to keep them. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprckt99
This sounds like an AWESOME swap! Very exciting! I don't mind different sizes or nudity, so any of the works are fine with me.

I've always loved Van Gogh (since the 2nd grade when we had to paint "sunflowers" for class). My dad had it matted and I was so proud of it! Unfortunately, my dad didn't FRAME it, and the family cat decided to shred it one night. I never would have believed that "my dog ate my homework" if I hadn't witnessed the destruction first hand!

Now is the perfect time to recreate "my" masterpiece.

Woohoo!!
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from Sweden

I usually do a couple extras in these types of projects where the motifs aren't tied to the recipient (speaking from the vast experience of 5 projects ), both to be able to send to late-joiners and to be able to keep some of my own work. What I just started in the last project is not sending to people that join projects but never send anything, I have been stood up a couple of times now and get so disappointed every time since I really do put an effort into every piece. But if anyone of them just are late starters, if I have a couple of extra pieces then I can send them out quickly.

So maybe you should do some extra sunflowers and hope that you can keep one.

Last edited by Mona P : 11-19-2010 at 05:06 AM. Reason: I was a bit unclear
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Lord of the Arts
Minneapolis, MN

Hails from United States

Hi,

I would love to sign up for this project. My dilemma is that I had signed up for one trade before (about two or three years ago), but got so busy with graduate school that I didn't finish. I have felt guilty about this and have been hesitant to sign up for another project because of it, so I just wanted to ask permission before I do sign up for this project. I am done with graduate school now and would certainly make sure that I complete the trade this time. Thank you.

Anne
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Sweden

Hi Anne

Welcome back. Since I haven't traded with you before, I would put you on my trade list as soon as I see that you have posted your first painting in the project. But that is just the way that I do it.

I have seen people lately adding paintings to projects several years old ("Out of Africa" project if my memory serves me correctly), maybe you could still finish your old project if you're up for it?
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-20-2010, 06:56 PM
WC! Guide

Hi Anne. Good to see you. Are you still doing the WDEs? Yes do sign up for the project. I know that life can get in the way sometimes. Just be sure to finish this one and I don't think anyone will have a problem.

Like Mona said, you could go back and finish your old ones. I am still getting them from Out of Africa and others once in awhile. That way you wouldn't feel guilty.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-21-2010, 05:19 AM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

Hiya all, I'm already pulling books outta my mini art library in preparation fer this exchange that I havn't looked at in ages, so that's gotta be good .
Hi Ann, love yer art, hope to see you on the list.
Mona me too , I often do two of the same subject, then pop the other in a craft fair or just keep them fer me. I remember when I did the first couple of exchanges and being quite sad at sending away all me lil laboured pics, but the silver lining is that you get such a fab collection back from all over the world. Gotta love these trades.
Looks like we're on our own this christmas, which will be quite a nice change, so I'll be able to get started well soon.
Looking forward to this one ...

PS I'm fine with any size and the unclothed figure too .
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Lord of the Arts
Minneapolis, MN

Hails from United States

Thanks. I'll sign up then. I'm looking forward to this.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Yorkshire, UK

Hails from England

As this starts in Jan I will hopefully I had the time to finish the other trades I am in by then. I couldn't resist joining this one will be a fine challage. Any size is fine and i don't mind nudity either.

Mona I am with out on the being disappointed at not receiving cards back in exchange, i put a lot of effort into them and love the cards i get they are all so varied. I have internet connection issues so might be quiet for a bit.

Jen x
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Veteran Member
Grand Bay, Alabama

Hails from United States

I'm excited about this trade also, Jeanne! I was happy to see the January 1st start date too...I can finish up my other projects before this one begins. I'm looking forward to the research as well as the painting...what fun!
Jackie

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home." Unknown
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-22-2010, 09:18 PM
WC! Guide

I'm also looking forward to this one. I finished my Christmas card for the Pen and Ink Christmas Card Trade and the Portrait for the portrait swap. Last night finished 8 cards for a windows/doors swap on another forum. So now I am clear of everything I had to get finished. There will be a December swap on the other forum but that doesn't usually take me that long.

It feels good to be "free" of all commitments but I feel kind of lost without anything pressing.

So glad to have you all in the trade and look forward to what you produce.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
Minnesota

Hails from United States

I am open to any size and subject
(nude is OK). I have never done a nude myself but I am open for doing one.
Sandybells
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-23-2010, 10:25 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

I am also good for any size and clothed\unclothed. I am also still getting a few from other projects (out of africa and windows, and just received one from primary colors) there are many that I do not get, and yes it is disappointing, I have a hard time sending away art that I put my heart and soul into (tho I do, and my reward is recieving wonderful pieces from other artists)
this challenge will be awesome and I have a fabulous link to the masters that anyone can use if they like (I have used this in previous challenges)

it is so good to see old friendly faces and new ones as well, again thanks Jeanne for starting this
I think you have my address

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .