WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Veteran Member
Grand Bay, Alabama

Hails from United States
Re: Project Discussion: Abstract ACEO Exchange

I have produced smaller and smaller paintings with my color pointillism as I realized the amount of time invested, Val! I thought the ACEO project would be perfect to pick it up again - and it has renewed my enthusiasm for "little dots"! I just feel like I'm falling behind already!! There's some real go-getters in this group! I began another card last night - I'm about halfway through - it's WAY out of the norm for me, so that's good.

Mona - LOVED your site!! I can't wait to see your surreal cartoons...what is so amazing about visiting your site is, I was planning to do a "plastic wrap" process for my watercolor cards and what do I find? Your fantastic "random paintings"! See, there's nothing new under the sun...I hope you don't mind if I still use my ideas! Mine revolve around: Sailing, fall leaves, first frost, and sunrise...now I just hope they turn out as envisioned!

Well, I'm going to head to lunch, and work on my wild and wacky "autobiography". I enjoy reading all the comments and updates. Thanks for a great project, Rose!
Jackie

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home." Unknown
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2010, 08:52 PM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

Mona.. I will try to have a partial list by Friday.. it's okay if you start sending them.. and then hold back for new people.. I'm sure nobody will mind. Look for the list soon.

Val.. I remember all your pointillist drawings (hope I said that correctly) from years ago. You are right, I think we can all agree here that we can't exist without art in our lives Hope you are feeling better now.

And I have done cards too.. started by getting out my encaustics again. I am having a lot of fun. I start by making a mark with wax and then envisioning where I want to go.. it's like free writing, only I call it heaven!

Jackie.. you're so welcome, and sooo happy to have you here.

Will have a partial list soon.

Hugs, all!!
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from Sweden

Thanks for visiting my site, Jackie. I didn't invent the plastic wrap process, I really don't mind anyone else using it and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations with it. I'm also looking forward to the rest of your pointillism cards. Are you writing a book?

Thank you Rose, I didn't mean to cause you extra work since I do have some of the addresses from previous projects. There are some new people to me in this exchange though, so I'm really grateful. Btw I LOVE the look of encaustics. Kitty sent me an encaustic card for my first exchange (Alternate art) and I treasure it. I intend to get my own encaustic set some day. I look forward to seeing your creations.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 09:18 AM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

Mona.. no extra work, it's part of being the organizer! Good thing I am organized! lol

I understand completely. Will get it to you later today, there are only 10 names to do.

I wonder why there are no more signing up.. must be summer! lol Everyone is busy doing having barbecues and vacations. Oh well, it may have to be just us

And thank you for the encouragement about the encaustics.. they really are fun, but I can't get them to look like anything more than a pretty picture. Maybe I just don't have all the right tools, but I'm trying! I do have the waxes and a small iron. That helps!

There is a place where I bought all the encaustics.. it's www.encausticart.us. They are nice people.. Jodie Scherer and her husband. I have had no problem with getting things, though it was about 2 yrs ago when I started in the encaustics. I found working with the stylus that they sold was too hard, but now I see they have a new model.. hm. I got the starter set and I still have things left over. I did buy additional sets of waxes so they would last, and again, have many to work with still. One of the things I found you'll definitely need is a block of clear wax to clean the iron or whatever hot plate you use because the wax, if not removed, will color the next session.

Have a great day!

Hugs!
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Veteran Member
Grand Bay, Alabama

Hails from United States

Ok Rose & Mona...now I have to read up about encaustics...all I know is it's something to do with wax! Just what I need...another medium to be interested in!! I'm NOT telling my longsuffering hubby!

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home." Unknown
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton, Alberta

Hails from Canada

My bf son-in-law does encaustics. Sounds too messy for my watercolour brain! Love the results though!!
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

Jackie... for sure, this is another addiction (encaustics)... well worth reading about, as long as you aren't too tempted. The small sets for starters are the best to see if you like it.

Bridget.. so true... they are messy, but it's a good messy. It's cool that your bf's SIL does it, so you have an idea of what to expect.

I am going to do some more today.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:33 PM
San Juan Island, Washington USA

Hails from United States

I would like to give this a try. Honestly it will be the largest number I have made at one time. I am in two other groups that are 6 a month...21 is a llot but I'm game to try.
A new kid one the block, Marie Z. Johansen

Last edited by MeZee : 07-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Sweden

Thanks for the tip about the encaustic shop and the clear vax, now I only need to find a place for it in my crafts room.

Also thanks for the addresses, I will ship my first 10 abstract ATCs tomorrow. I have 18 done in total, so anyone else that would like to join...please do - it's loads of fun.

Jackie, check out encaustics on YouTube. There is lots to see and it's absolutely fascinating.

Welcome Marie.
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2010, 07:03 PM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

MeZee, thanks for the address. Will get that out to everyone soon.

And Mona! Wow.. you did 18 cards? You rock!!! I do agree, it's lots of fun!

I also checked out the encaustic videos on YouTube. I forgot that was an avenue of information! Woo hoo! BTW, not to encourage buying more stuff, but I have all my encaustic supplies in one medium plastic box. It doesn't take much room at all, until you're actually doing the art, then you need some space so you don't get burned

Hugs!
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2010, 02:51 AM
Enthusiast
Edmonton, Alberta

Hails from Canada

Wow, I feel like such a slacker... only two cards finished! LOL!
Thanks for the list Rose!

I love youtube to get techniques and things. It was a key part in my journey from a childlike beginner to the next step. And Lori Andrews, who is also on WC was one of the key players!
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from Sweden

Thanks Rose. I'm going to get a bigger studio this fall, maybe then I will have more space.

Etosha, you were first on the primaries exchange. You don't have to be first every time.

I have the base ready for another 17 of these cards (9 to each of four A4 and one has been scrapped), I'll probably keep going until I have at least 20, then I'll see if I can stop (not likely). I randomly selected the cards I have packaged for shipping now (except the one for Rose since she has already seen two of them), so you know that I don't mean anything by them. You can probably still take them to a shrink and have me analysed. Anyway, I hope you like them and receive them soon.
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Ohio USA

Hails from United States

Thanks for the addresses....I will work on getting all mine out this weekend!!!
I have a question ....how do we mail them...do they have to be in a little sleeve??? Do we just put them in a regular envelope then stick a reg. stamp???Sorry for all the questions ...I'm new and I can't wait until the next!!!! THANK YOU!!!
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from Sweden

I ship mine in little sleeves, but that's because I usually do watercolors and if they would become wet they would be ruined. I have had cards sent to me as postcards, but thats a bit unusual. You package them they way you are comfortable with and pop them into a regular envelope with required postage and then they are ready to go.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Ohio USA

Hails from United States

Good morning everyone...Thank you for the addresses!! Hopefully I will send all mine out this long holiday weekend!! I have a few questions though... First of all , What is the difference between quick reply and reply...I sent a message a bit ago and don't see it in here anywhere(it was the one at the bottom of the screen). Now for the questions about trading... how do we package them??? Then how do we send them?? Do we just put them in an envelope and put a reg. stamp on them ??? How about the ones out of the USA?? How long does it take ?? Do we just send them reg. postal mail??? Sorry for all the questions....I'm a newbie...I already am looking forward to the next...this is very therapudic!!!!