WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from New Zealand
Re: Project Discussion: 24 varieties of ?

HI all - I'm in.

Some familiar faces here. I'm just finishing my first swap and as some will know, I like horses. They are tending to fantasy ones. I do prefer ATC size.

I guess Mthila can alwys do banana splits and other yummy things.

www.nzflutterby.blogspot.com
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 PM
A Local Legend
Melbourne, Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi Everyone! Nice to see everyone joining up. I really need to take a break from painting ATCs but I am a total JunKie!
I love painting animals so I think I might pick something totally "off the wall" for this theme! A bit of a challenge for myself.
BTW, I would love it if I received ONLY ATC sized cards please.
Looking forward to the share!
Cheers.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 PM
A Local Legend
India

Hails from United Nations

Ooooh, it's lovely seeing inspiration thrown my way: I never thought of bananas dancing or jigging away madly. Thanks, Beth and Bonnie. Jeanne, I'll try not to disappoint you, and Elain, yes, something of that kind is on the cards.

I suppose we'll be given everybody's size preferences along with the address list. I've been making notes from this thread, but may slip up on this, what with all the bananas.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Just wanted to let Everyone know that I will be a bit late with my images as my PC decided to go on holiday . I'm taking it in for the tech to look at it tomorrow so hope it will not be to long, I still have my laptop (but don't like painting on it )so will still be able to see you and your images
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
WC! Guide
Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma

Hails from United States

I have already made 4 cards! My shoe series is going to be soooo fun! I may use some of these for some really big shoes!! YAY
My Blog * Uploading Images * WDE Participants' Guidelines * WDE Updated Guidelines (for newbies especially) * AMAE Forum Guidelines
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Lord of the Arts
Escondido, CA

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! I didn't realize everyone was out here discussing already. Should have guessed! I'm excited about the exchange. I am "technically" free of my first exchange - Anything Goes, although I am going to do a make up card for one that got lost in the mail. Really, really enjoyed that one, so . . . here I am!!!

I've just decided my theme will be "faces". I need the practice doing human faces, but I will also include faces from the animal kingdom and perhaps an inanimate face here and there. Oooooohhhhhh, can't wait to get started!

My preference is ATC's, but postcard size is okay too. BTW - just realized there are (at least) 3 Jeans in the exchange so far. Should be fun keeping us all straight!

Jean S.

PS - Mithila, I have a good recipe for Banana's Foster, which is drenched in rum. Hmmmmm. . . drunken bananas???
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 PM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

I haven't decided on a theme yet, but I'm tossing around windows and doorways...so look out and make sure you don't get hurt. It sounds like we will have a great assortment of themes. We'll have to make sure that the bananas and the shoes are kept apart. We don't want any accidents there either.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesgram
BTW - just realized there are (at least) 3 Jeans in the exchange so far. Should be fun keeping us all straight!

Jean S.

THere are four of us if you count J who spells it funny . To make it more confusing there are 2 "Jean S."s . Thats one reason that I sign my name Chaos. The other being my lifestyle.

Chaos Jean

BTW how often does your name get spelled Gene. It drives me crazy, because I think I look like a girl.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

My cunning plan to lure people into yet another exchange is working

We have 20 signed up as of this Am. For those of you who have not PM'd me with you addresses and size preferences (if any), please do. That way I can get the list out, and Beth can get her shoes out before the banana skins arrive.

Chaos
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom

looking good, swore I wouldn't sign up for anmother too quick, but ther ya go. Nice to see so many familiar faces already getting wound up. Haven't settled on a subject yet, still cogitating...
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Enthusiast
Calgary Alberta Canada

Hails from Canada

It's Trees of Canada for me!
....( there's way more than 24, for sure )

"Getting there is not half the fun-it's ALL the fun!" (Robert Townsend)
Art Blog: http://wildgoosewanderings.blogspot.com
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2009, 12:02 PM
A Local Legend
Wallingford VT

Hails from United States

Oh, can't resist this one. Won't be able to start until I finish my Africa cards but I'm making progress. I maybe slow but I'll be along.

Thanks for your critiques and comments.
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 PM
WC! Guide

Can't blame me. My mama did it. Back then actress Jeanne Crain was popular. I like it tho. Stands out from the crowd.

My father-in-law's name was Gene and his second wife was Jeanie. Quite a mess. I once ordered pizza and got "Gene" on the ticket. Also worked at a temp office and got a lot of different spellings from different California offices. Jeanie, Jeannie, Gini (that was the most strange). I usually get called Jeanine, Jenny, and now with a hispanic neighborhood I get Gina. My aunt even called me Sheila or Janice (her two granddaughters and we all seemed to share the same dilema). Now I am just mama to the dogs.

Great Meimei. I still have Africa to finish also. Have you thought of your theme yet?

We are getting a big variety of themes. Nice ones too. Can't wait to see them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just chaos
THere are four of us if you count J who spells it funny . To make it more confusing there are 2 "Jean S."s . Thats one reason that I sign my name Chaos. The other being my lifestyle.

Chaos Jean

BTW how often does your name get spelled Gene. It drives me crazy, because I think I look like a girl.

Last edited by "J" : 01-24-2009 at 04:33 PM.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Lord of the Arts
Shelbyville, KY

Hails from United States

I have an Uncle Gene and an Aunt Bobble along with an Uncle Bobby.
Also when I owned a bookstore we were one of the first on the internet when it was not common place to connect with people in other countries every day.
Jean is John in a lot of Europe so most people thought I was male.

Chaos
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member
Fairview, PA, USA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by just chaos
My cunning plan to lure people into yet another exchange is working

We have 20 signed up as of this Am. For those of you who have not PM'd me with you addresses and size preferences (if any), please do. That way I can get the list out, and Beth can get her shoes out before the banana skins arrive.

Chaos

Yes you did lure me in! I am still finishing another project ... but this one appealed to me. I am torn between dogs and wild flowers ... but I think it will be wildflowers because I am thinking "spring" at this point!

"The little dissatisfaction which every artist feels at the completion of a work forms the germ of a new work." Berthold Auerbach