WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2007, 05:16 PM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States
Re: Project Discussion: Art Card Project Exchange II

Thanks Li for stepping in... it was refrigerator delivery day and I've been in and out as I have a sick one here with a sore throat. Sorry everyone... can't be everywhere. Ardith, if you go to the project description, it will tell you everything you need to know about uploading, when to upload, when to pm, etc. I think I explained it all, at least I tried! Thanks for being patient with me!
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member
Alabama

Hails from United States
Smile Re: Project Discussion: Art Card Project Exchange II

You were very exact in your directions and I appreciate that! I have finished three and have them ready to mail. I am going to try and mail mine out early because I am having knee surgery again in March and want to finish before then. I wrote a little note to say hi and such, for those of you who have done this before are we supposed to give a bio or just send the cards and let them learn about us through WC? I wanted to be a bit more personal so I wrote a letter. I have found that painting this tiny makes me go ugh! over and over, but I found a way around the frustration by pen and inking over my watercolor, and it works pretty well. Anyway, I pm'd artsiephartsie, brookly and bluefrog to let them know they were on their way. Take Care, Ardith
www.ardithgoodwin.com
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2007, 12:38 AM
A WC! Legend
Wandering the Wonderland

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlyart
are we supposed to give a bio or just send the cards and let them learn about us through WC? I wanted to be a bit more personal so I wrote a letter. I have found that painting this tiny makes me go ugh! over and over, but I found a way around the frustration by pen and inking over my watercolor, and it works pretty well.

It's completely up to you. Some people write a card or note, or add a business card. Some just the exchange object and not even a hello. lol. Which is also fine because you get a pressie anyway!

I can relate to your "UGH!!!!!" I am finding the size such a challenge I joined both projects. Now I have lots of little fugly cards to shred to pieces for collages.

It will be a few weeks before I get started but I'll catch up.

Li

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2007, 08:15 AM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

Ardith! Great news, you're way a head of me and Li is a close second with Jan leading the pack in our other project. You guys are wonderful. Thanks for the compliments, Ardith, and yes, it's up to you what you want to say in a note or on the card. Ugh is an appropriate term for explaining how to do ACEO's Or ATC's . I appreciate your enthusiasm and many prayers going up for your knee surgery in March. Please keep in touch with the group!
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

Re: Tychocat on this list... please refrain from sending any cards until further notice. This person has not checked into WC since the 12:20 am on the 21st of Jan and has no posts, so I don't know if we'll even hear from him/her. Until I have an address and pass it onto you all, just skip over the name. We have a total of 27 now as we have Wanda Sims (Mary Jo's mom) on the list of participants now! Welcome Wanda!!!! It will be fun!
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2007, 11:05 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Thanks Rose for hosting the project with such energy. I am pumpted up... already sneaked out my baby naptime and drawn a few cards. Just need time to give them some colors. Glad to join you all. I see some familiar names from previous projects like Gudrun and Gilligan. This should be fun. Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Ottawa Valley, Ontario

Hails from Canada

3 down and 22/23 to go. A few UGH's coming from my studio as well. I'm going to try and do a few more over the next couple of days. (2 days off work woopie) So hopefully I'll have a few to send out on Friday.

I create art so that people will appreciate the beauty that we take for granted in every day life.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Fort Smith, AR

Hails from United States

I know, I know, I always bite off more than I can chew, but my boys are 27 and almost 30....and not at home....surely I can do 37 of the little ones (I've sent out 13)...Jan
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 02:34 AM
WC! Guide

I just finished my third one. It is sprayed and being scanned at the moment. Will be in the mail tomorrow.

What does everyone do with their cards? I ordered an album for cards but I don't know if that is the best way to keep them. Especially the pastels.
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Enthusiast
Walldorf

Hails from Germany

hello everyone.. I am the only one from India in here.. I am a slow starter, yet to start even my first card! I have a full time job and a 7 month old hyperactive daughter.. so i hope to find time for this during the weekend.

Have been fascinated by how much people do in these tiny cards and have always wanted to try one.. this is my best chance to try them so have jumped in.
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 08:59 AM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

This really feels good, it's like a 'getting to know you party'

Carla, yeah, I ughed a few times too... I don't have off ever! I have to beg for time, so I'm like you, Nithya, slow and need to sneak the time in... Ai, so glad you are enjoying this, and so good to see everyone here. Jan, we already know you're a pro... you can do it!

And Jeanne, way to go for this being a first project... 3 already? You really are coming along. Does anyone want to switch lives with me for a week? Someone that lives in tropical paradise surrounded by art supplies and ACEO size blanks? Someone with no children, laundry, cooking or cleaning to do? PLEASE???
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada ( N. of Toronto)

Hails from Canada

Good morning everyone! I'll be mailing 4 out tomorrow morning, will pm everyone once they are in the mail. I work in soft pastel so will putting mine in little sleeves ( the kind you put baseball cards in) hopefully that will keep them from smudging. Just remember when you get them that they will smudge if you touch them. I may spray them with a bit of fixative to make them a little more durable too. Have a great day....happy creating!

~Mary Jo ( ArtsiePhartsie)
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 10:03 AM
A Local Legend
Florida

Hails from United States

Good morning Mary Jo... Wow, 4? I am WAY behind! I love soft pastel, could never stand getting my hands dirty though, but finding out that oil pastel does that too! Oh well, this is life, art makes you get dirty sometimes! Can't wait to see your creations!
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Good afternoon Everyone

wow this is hard, I've never done any digital this small before but I'm plugging along and have 3 finished and the fourth almost. Will mail & email the finished ones on Friday .

Happy squinting everyone

Jean
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2007, 05:33 PM
A Local Legend
Melbourne, Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi everyone, Just dropping in to say hi.
I have been making and trading ATCs for a very long time. It was my introduction to painting and drawing. When I first started painting larger I found the transition extremely difficult and still have hard time painting large. I much prefer to paint/draw ATCs. I haven't been doing alot on the ATC front lately so this has been a great opportunity to get back into it.
My first is in the mail today!