WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2019, 12:23 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada
Re: 2019 Christmas Card Trade!

Not too long at all Cindy! Never fear. Remarkably succinct for all the stuff that has happened.
First of all, so GLAD your mom and sister are content in their new place. What a relief for you at last.
I am glad the moving and selling went so smoothly too. Sometimes things just click. And it seems that way here. YAY!!
I am sorry to hear Terry is having heart problems. Seems like it is in the air. I hope they can help him with that. I went into heart failure this summer at 47 due to my severe asthma requiring so much prednisone... and itís not working. The water pills arenít either. Water into my lungs. Swollen like the Michelin Man. Affects breathing. Heart not handling it. I knew it wasnít just bronchospasm! Anyways ER DOC said I needed a walker. Itís been a very, very quiet summer for me. I was collapsing taking 3 or 4 steps. On the flip side, I have watched so much television, because that seemed all I could do, that I am watched out. If you need any reviews or suggestions, just ask me.
I am determined to get some cards done ladies!!!

Barb/FloBlue has been keeping me company on Instagram and showing me her wonderful work. Her area has a lot of artists and shows, which she kindly shares with me. She is talented as you already know, and very sweet.

You are a one woman band, getting so much done. I hope you can relax more now. And paint!
What is your studio space like in your new place?

Ps. God bless our caregivers, our families. It is not easy, but you are so appreciated! I definitely think of you Cindy when I say that.

Off to look at photos of elves, reindeer, Santaís, and all things Christmasy now.....
Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.

Last edited by PaintBoss : 10-06-2019 at 01:02 AM.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2019, 01:14 AM
Lord of the Arts
DFW, Texas

Hails from United States

I am in!

My website.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hi Maria! Nice to see you.

Cindy, that was pretty succinct! Glad you're settling in. We moved so often with the military but we had a lot of help. Plus when we moved all the time, we tended to keep our stuff downsized.
That's great news about your house. We moved in the last housing crash, took us a year to sell our house it was awful especially because we were 2000 miles away so we couldn't go back and forth easily.

Christine, my mom has a walker and my sister made her some bags and totes for it so she can carry stuff around. It's pretty clever. I know it's rough as you're pretty young to have a walker but if you have to have one, you gotta bling that baby out!

I always forget to check Instagram. My phone is so low on memory, I keep erasing apps and then putting them back on when I want to use them. I have the cloud but I also have over 13000, that's right 13000 photos on my phone. They're mostly of my dogs, lol.

For those who don't know, I lost my big dog, Zeus this year, he had an unexpected and quick moving cancer. It was devastating. I'm still shook by it. Sampson is doing okay but he still misses him very much. I won't be getting another dog, as Sammy is older and going blind to boot.

I have a couple ideas, i go through so many ideas before I hit the one I want to do! I do so many mediums, it's always hard to pick. I couldn't remember what I did last year so I had to look it up.I just bought a whole bunch of dip pens so it'll probably be ink..maybe...hmmm..

I'll be glad when we update the site but I will miss the project system even though it hasn't worked properly in a good ten years or so. I think this way is easier for members though, I don't mind it at all. I hope you guys don't mind it!
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2019, 02:49 PM
WC! Guide
New York City

Hails from Puerto Rico

Virginia, the weather change you had, we had too, one day summer and the next day bundle up time, it sure was strange. Glad we're having the Christmas exchange again and I would like to be included. Will send you my address just in case you don't have it. Take care.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2019, 04:27 PM
MA - USA

Hails from United States

count me in! Thanks for inviting me!

Nice to see familiar names and catch-up on lives. Happily, mine is rather dull right now - it can be a good thing meanwhile the Boston area is living up to its reputation of fickle weather - oh do i want to be summer? Oh no, fall it is. But then again... LOL Mother Nature needs a calendar!

~stephanie
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-07-2019, 05:18 PM

Hails from Canada

Welcome back ladies!

Nice to see you here.
Virginia, bling up the walker? Love that idea.
We both lost our sweet old dogs this year...gosh that was difficult. My father in law died about 8 weeks ago of heart failure. Same as my dog. Two of my favourites. We knew it was coming in both cases, but oh it is hard to give them up. But my father in law always emphasized it is natural....the cycle of life. If we are fortunate, we each get our chance- to be young, to grow old. I am glad they got their chance, and it included me.
Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.

Last edited by PaintBoss : 10-07-2019 at 05:41 PM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hi Lil, and Stephanie!

I have your address, Lil.

We're almost full, only three to go!

Zeus's death was devastating, he was only 10 and a big healthy guy. He went downhill so shockingly quick and then we had to make that awful decision. I will say my vet was incredible. She came to my house so he would be comfortable. She was so so kind. She also made a clay print of his paw.

Speaking of kind, my neighbor gave me a bunch of pie pumpkins. I made pie and pumpkin custard cake and then last night I made a creamy pumpkin sauce instead of a tomato sauce and then made a casserole with it and some various cheddars and parmesan, rosemary and leftover grilled chicken. I ate it with cranberries as well. It was so so good. It was way better than I thought it would be. I love when you try a recipe and it works out like that.

I have to go buy some house paint today. we had some work done and I need to touch up. I might just repaint my whole house!
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:19 PM

Hails from Canada

I would love to try that recipe. Would you mind sharing it?
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Enthusiast

Hi everyone. Happy to see so many of you back. Sounds like a lot you have had some interesting things going on this summer.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

The recipe's kind of a long thing to write out but I can do that for you when i have a little more time. I spent today painting the outside of my house. The woodpeckers had their way with the wood and we had some widows installed that messed up the paint job too, it was a lot of work!

It was gorgeous out today! A perfect fall day.
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2019, 06:10 PM

Hails from Canada

Thanks Virginia. I am very interested in that recipe because itís a bit unusual with the pumpkins and the other ingredients being used together. Maybe you could upload a snapshot of the recipe to save having to type it out? Thatís what we do here with our grocery lists.
Great time of year to get all those projects done...
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2019, 09:50 PM
Monterey, CA

Hails from United States

I would like to join the trade. Virginia, I'll send you my address by PM.
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hi Sandra! It's nice to see you!

I made most of the recipe up, I combined it. I need to write it all out so I don't forget it, I have a bad habit of doing that. I like the pumpkin, I had a reaction to my kidney medicine which wasn't bad but was oddly enough, a really annoying dry cough. So I have to be careful for a bit till that's out of my system and I can take something else. Tomatoes aren't great for kidneys so the pumpkin was a good substitute. Sometimes my recipes don't work but this one did! I'm way too impressed with myself over it!

I meant to do more stuff outside but instead I feel asleep!
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-10-2019, 11:23 PM

Hails from Canada

Hi Sandra. Good to see you in the group.
Virginia I see your creativity goes beyond art.🙂 I didnít know tomatoes are bad for the kidneys. Interesting. I love all things tomatoes. Everyday. I will read up on that.

Last edited by PaintBoss : 10-10-2019 at 11:27 PM.
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Henderson, NV

Hails from United States

It is so good to see so many familiar faces!
My summer was hot, hot, hot as normal here in the desert southwest, USA. So glad that the temperatures are becoming bearable.

The only thing I can think to share that may be of interest to some is that hubby and I took a trip to Bryce Canyon in Utah. Oh my gosh, talk about beautiful! We stayed in a small town about 8 miles from the entrance, and it was so peaceful and quiet.

I've been working with ink drawings a bit more, and really enjoying myself.

I have to decide on what to do for my cards this year, watercolor perhaps? Ink and colored pencil? Hmmm.