WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-25-2018, 11:59 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States
Re: Project Discussion: Watercolor ATC Trade 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeK
Hi Joanne. By all means, join in. I've sketched my first one now using watercolor pencils so am sure those would be fine to use. After water's added it is hard to tell.

Watercolor pencils are perfectly fine. They're a form of watercolor anyway. Gouache and gel pens are fine for touches like highlights. And I have some metallic watercolors I bought for $7 for 21 colors. They're very subtle but can be less subtle if adding more coats and I'm using those on a few of my paintings, too.

If I had any watercolor pencils I'd use them to sketch with. In fact, I've been wishing I had some because my pencil drawings are showing through some places in the little paintings I'm doing.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2018, 12:05 AM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmrs
Gypsy is so pretty! What a darling.

I have a very large goofy lab named Zeus (the Moose) and the one in my avatar with the purple face is Sampson, Sammy for short. That purple is watercolor, the cat, who's name is Kitten (even though she's now 18), shot it off my table and he chewed up the tube!

I haven't managed to even start yet! I was doing some linocut prints and needed to finish them up first.

We finally had a day without rain so I weeded and weeded and weeded! Amazing how fast that stuff grows when you can't get to it.

That's so endearingly funny about how the pooch ended up with a purple mouth. I love that it's your avatar.
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member

Virginia, Love the purple mouth on your pup...it shows he lives in an artists home, that's all ! Years ago my son Landon (at age 2) climbed out of his crib and got into Alizarin Crimson oil paint.He was a beautiful shade of red for quite a long time..you really can't use turpentine on a 2 year olds face!! Needless to say , lesson learned by mom..LOL.

Virginie, I have an African Grey named Chloe that is 24 years old. I raised her from her hatch date. I also have a 33 year old Blue Crown Amazon that I rescued after his prior owner passed away. His name is Petey and we have had him for about 2 years. I also have a Green Cheek Conure named Monet. Sweet small bird. When Monet talks you really can't understand what is being said. Chloe carries on entire conversations and in my voice or my hubbies. Petey talks but likes to scream a lot. He's very loud and hubby is getting quite irritated with him for his screeching. I'm trying hard to teach him to speak quietly..not getting very far with that one.

This morning I teach an art class and after that I am going to get out my watercolors and have a go...I thought after teaching I'd be warmed up and in the mood! We'll see how it goes!
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2018, 03:41 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Okay, now I've five done with six more to go. How many total sign ups, Ellen?
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2018, 06:43 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada

Hi Cindy, nice to see you here! Glad you joined in. Sorry about your job. I remember that accident too, and I am glad you are just here and up and at it even if there were changes.
Thanks Virginia.
Kay, you will not disappoint me....I have seen your work! The only way you could surprise me, is if you did a black and white colour scheme. But I know even that would have pizazz! You just have a flair in your work you see.
Artastic, what guild are you part of?
Dangerous asthma yesterday with max amount of meds. No sleep at all. Almost 911. Right on the hairy edge most of the day which was scary. Trying to avoid more prednisone due to extreme side effects (but works for breathing).So could only read the thread. Too weak/ confused to post or paint much. A bit better today, OBVIOUSLY. I AM gabbing away here.... Whoohoo.
Oh and I am happily married to my high school sweetie, with one daughter who is 17. I have a cat and a dog. Cat is a character and my dog is beloved in the neighbourhood. Cute little Pomeranian who is 13 now and we are freaking out at the thought of losing her someday. Grew up on a hobby farm with lots of animals. A horse farm. So I know we eventually lose our furry friends. Some just hurt more than others...
Attached Images

Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.

Last edited by PaintBoss : 06-26-2018 at 07:22 PM.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-26-2018, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hope your asthma settles down! Is it affected by the hot weather? Your animals are so adorable!!
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member

I just went to the "browse participants"part of this and counted 11...
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

I guess one more person then and it is full. Today I'll do #6. Here are 3 of my 4 rescue kitties: Chester the Molester, Midge, and Chuy outside.

What adorable pets, Christine!!! Hope your asthma subsides.

Last edited by KreativeK : 06-27-2018 at 11:35 AM.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

Welcome Cindy! I look forward to seeing your work and interacting with you here. Thank you for joining us. I'm glad you did. When you get time, PM me your snail mail address, please, so I can put it on my list.

Alright, Kay---now your secret is out. You're our very own "crazy cat lady." Your kitties are all beautiful and obviously well loved and cared for.

Christine, I'm sorry for your asthma and the other problems you've been facing. I can definitely understand what you go through. I have allergy-triggered asthma and it's really severe sometimes but my inhaler works well. I'm on prednisone, too, but 5 mg a day.

I love birds. I've had several conures---maroon-belly, red crested, a green cheeked and a sun conure. I had a pair of lovebirds. And just briefly I had a cockatoo. I've always had parakeets. Right now I just have only one parakeet. I had a rescue parakeet who was a pudgie budgie and very lovable, but he only lived for about three years. He learned to make seagull sounds because I live where we have lots of those around. I thought he was lonely so I got him a friend. I named them Stanley and Steven.

Now, only Steven is left. He sings so beautifully. He's a very lovely kind of a mauve color. He's made it clear he's not interested in being friendly enough to even step up onto my finger much less any other signs of being tame. Living in an apartment, it's really not an appropriate thing to have any of the bigger, noisier birds so now it's just Steven.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 03:48 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

Also, welcome to Bonnie! I'm glad you've joined us and I look forward to getting to know you better! It sounds like you're a very busy lady,

Last edited by Ellen E : 06-27-2018 at 03:51 PM.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
Montreal, Qc, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderellaG
Petey talks but likes to scream a lot. He's very loud and hubby is getting quite irritated with him for his screeching. I'm trying hard to teach him to speak quietly..not getting very far with that one.

Cindy, the quote above describes my T-Rex perfectly too He is pretty much like a small amazon in my experience. But he's amazingly intelligent and cuddly and sweet with me (only with me) and I can do pretty much what I want with him .

Virginia, that's funny you being called Virginie by your teacher. Me, most anglophones just call me Virginia and on forums I guess some think the "e" at the end of my name is a typo :P

Kay and Christine, your little buddies are just beautiful!

And Ellen, I had budgies and a lovebird when I was young, they are tiny and cute but sure don't know it!

For the project, I now have 3 paintings done and a 4th underway!

Question: Are we allowed to do ink outlines?

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Enthusiast

She's as cute as can be.
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I wish I could post a cute picture of a pet but alas I do not have a pet to share my day with. I do enjoy the pictures of your pets that are posted. I haven't had a chance to start the paintings yet as I am getting some work finished for a group show that hangs on Friday. Hope to start soon. Watercolor is new for me so who knows what you will receive. Hope you won't be disappointed.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 07:50 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada

We won’t be disappointed. With watercolours you can make a lot of mistakes. I find it tricky instead of freeing sometimes. Just keep trying!
Thanks ladies. Bit better last 2 days. Still learning about triggers. The heat and humidity definitely makes it worse. And fragrances. They can create ambulance situations. New to me, and very difficult now to go out or socialize, even go see the doctor. A fragrance worn at a hospital while going to an appointment, almost killed me last summer. I did 6 hours of energency asthma protocol and then everything just shut at 9 pm.
I am being sent to Environmental clinic in Toronto for Multiple Chemical Sensitivies testing. Going by descriptions I am severe to the point of disabled now. I just want it to go away. Very isolating. Even in laws can’t visit because of their fragrance from the products they use. It is hard to ask folks to change for you. And many get very irritated if you ask them to change, even if they see you struggling. This can be a simple request to change their fabric softener for example.
Virginia, SnapV, and Kay... Thanks and, I KNOW, CUTEST PETS EVER! Thanks! Especially my Pomeranian. Such a sweet disposition too. A little dear! I call her my “Walmart greeter” as she loves everyone, and goes up to everyone wanting a pet.
Kay your cats look happy. I especially like the sweet expression of the cat in the second photo. I love cats too. I like the southwestern feel of your home in the pictures.
Fun seeing everyone’s pets. I just got to know how intelligent and cuddly some birds are. Neighbours has several kinds. Hadn’t realized. Some are quite demanding of attention. Like naughty children. I am thinking of a parrot I know. The birds really have a bond with their owners.
And I see we have someone on the list who has signed up who hasn’t been on the thread yet. Hi there! Hope you will come by and introduce yourself.
Another pic for you, because, why not?
This is for Flo so she can get her pet fix.
Attached Images

Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.

Last edited by PaintBoss : 06-27-2018 at 08:31 PM.
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2018, 09:47 PM

Hello everyone!

No pets for me although I've always had cats. My 17YO Chi-Chi died about 10 years ago and I grieved so hard I'm afraid to have another. I like dogs but have not owned one except one that I walked into my house and there she was in my chair! She would never go away. Birds scare me ( you can thank Lola May Bychu, a really mean big bird and an attack/guard rooster I wandered upon on a rural walk on a remote slough. That bird chased me all over the place with feet with enormous toes whirlwinding out front.

However, I've been a mom what seems like my whole life and still have a 25 YO at home and a 53YO who lives in Miami. I have had a 4-H art and photography club for 13 years (this is my last year) and am now exclusively judging photography for different organizations.

My biggest hobby is returning found items to people. If I find something with a clue on it - a name on the back of a picture or family bible, a ring... I track down the family and ask if they would like to have it. So far overwhelmingly they are exited and grateful. One ring (class ring) I tracked down the owner (had first name only but school name and year) talking to the reunion coordinator who knew where this women's best friend live who called her and 30 minutes later she was telling me the story of the ring her father had given her who keeps asking "Where is the ring I got for you?" Another touching one was a picture of a boy on a pony from the 50's. I found his brother in LA who said his brother had died young, leaving the family with very little to remember him by and was thrilled to get the picture.

I haven't started making little pictures with watercolors yet (going through every box, drawer, cupboard in my 10 room house ... just because ... and my brother's coming to visit ... and I am having a 3 day 4-H day camp in two weeks) but I promise I will and will do my best. ♥ autismart