WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Miniature Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Enthusiast

Re: Project Discussion: Watercolor ATC Trade 2018

Hi,

Iím so exited about this project. This is my first time in a project and am really looking foward to seeing all the art. I have painted a few miniatures over the last couple of years. I did not realize that there were artist trading cards until lately. I must have been sleeping.
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:25 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,

Trying to delete duplicate posts. Iím really not as flakey as it seems.

Last edited by floblue : 06-21-2018 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:32 AM
Enthusiast

Hi

Last edited by floblue : 06-21-2018 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Just learning how to post
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:41 AM
Enthusiast

Hi again,

Practicing my posting. Looking forward to starting a collection of ATC. These will be my firsts. I will cherish each and everyone that comes my way. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by floblue : 06-21-2018 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Learning how to post
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:51 AM
Enthusiast

You had me laughing out loud over your stories. I can just imagine how it must have looked. Maybe you should put your stories in paint.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 12:12 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Glad you can join in the project, floblue!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

I'm glad you found a reason to laugh about my stories. I love to make people laugh. The lighter side of life is always the best side when we can find it.

I've already painted quite a few little paintings. I'll just paint and keep all of the presentable one for the exchange. I've painted more of them than needed for the exchange but I'll pick the ones that are the best to send out in the exchange.

When I was listing the detail tools and touches that we can use on these, I forgot to mention that if you have any of the metallics they make for watercolors, you can use those for highlighting or special effects, too. They're paints, so why not? I've used touches on a few of these little mini paintings. The metallics I have are very subtle because they were only $7, but they're a nice little touch anyway.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 09:15 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Hails from Canada

Hi FloBlu! Welcome.
Ellen, those were great recollections. That is the best kind of thing to remember. The simple fun is the best! Donít always realize it at the time though, do we?
Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-21-2018, 10:38 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

Those were the days when we didn't have the electronics and things we have now. Kids used their imaginations and played outdoors a lot.

We lived out in the country and there was a canal across the road. Good fishing grounds. One day the boys wanted to go over and see if they could catch some fish. I said they could and so off they went with their fishing poles. After awhile, they came back with a nice stringer of trout. They hadn't left with a stringer to put fish on. I asked them where they got the fish and they said they caught them. I told them, "OK you caught them but part of catching fish is that you have to clean them. Take them outside to the faucet and clean them and then we'll have them for dinner."

As you might already be thinking, those two boys hadn't any idea how to clean fish. They were out there for so long that I finally went to see why they were taking so long. I was a single parent and I don't "DO" fish cleaning so I supervised while they learned to clean their fish. They 'fessed up that a man had given them that stringer of fish, already caught.

The tables turned, though. I went shopping for groceries and they had fresh crab on sale so I thought that would be a nice treat or the kids. I hadn't really ever dealt with crab before except when my aunt and uncle had some already cleaned. I bought two nice, big crabs. Then I had to figure out how to get them ready to eat. I knew you were supposed to pull off the shell of the back to clean them. I took off the legs and claws and put those aside and then pulled the top of the crab off. I almost threw up. I composed myself, though, and rinsed all the nasty junk out of it, but I couldn't find any more meat, so I thought "Well, no wonder these are such a delicacy for some people. You pay for the legs and claws and the rest is just wasted." So we had crab legs and claws for dinner and I wasted most of the crab meant, not knowing any better.
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-22-2018, 10:34 PM
Administrator
Western Illinois

Hails from United States

Hi Flo! If you ever need a mod or admin to fix a post for you, you can just press the report button, it's the exclamation mark in the red triangle, a text box will come up and put whatever you need in there. like "duplicate post" or whatever and someone will come to help.

I love crab but I'm allergic to shellfish! Not super bad but enough that I get hives and stuff.

I grew up on a beach, with an amusement park. It was fun growing up there and working there as a teenager!

I was off yesterday, we had so many storms one after another. Thought I'd keep my computer off in case of power surges.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 PM

Hails from Canada

Hi Virginia.
That childhood sounds wonderful!
Well ladies, I am attempting more paintings again. The more you try the more you learn.
It was very hot here. In the 40ís here. At one point they said 44 Celsius which is 111 F. With humidity. I just stayed inside but hubby had to work a hot job in that heat as a tradesman.
That is gone now. Tonight it is 15 C and is lovely but very wet. I will take it!
My trusty studio assistant - my cat- is supervising. He says more painting and less web chatting.
Inevitably some attempts will end up in the trash. Continue anyway. Perseverance can trump undeveloped, procrastinating, or fearful talent.
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2018, 12:37 AM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

I'm showing this picture in the discussion thread because I was trying to send it in a PM to PaintBoss but couldn't figure out how to do it there, It's been a very long and busy day and I'm too tired to figure things out tonight.

Anyway, this is Gypsy. She's going to be 4 years old next week on the 29th. She only weighs maybe 3 pounds. She's a long-haired Chihuahua.
Attached Images

#43   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2018, 01:00 AM

Hails from Canada

Oh I love her Ellen! What a beautiful sweet little dog. What joy they can bring.
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2018, 01:18 AM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

As of today have done 3 of the required 12. Two were still life and tonight's was a landscape with snow. In Texas we are back to triple digits tomorrow so we left yesterday for New Mexico and it was 91 F. here...no AC in the house, just ceiling fans. At least the watercolors will dry fast, right?
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Enthusiast
Westfir, Oregon

Hails from United States

I know you're probably busy with your business so three done already is good progress.

How is everyone else doing? We've still got room for four more people to join the exchange before the deadline. I hope we get the full 12 but there's still awhile before the deadline for singing up.