Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Challenge……Let’s All Paint A Nude Self Portrait… :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    !becca

As you know Self Portraits can be very introspective…and Figurative SPs even moreso…

With this in mind, another member, illustroni ( Roni) and I have been chatting and decided we would be painting Nude Self Portraits…we tossed the idea out to a few others who are interested in joining in too..

So, we all decided to present it here for everyone to join in with their own contribution..Of course we expect everyone to participate in good taste and the concept of producing art.

Each of us paint in a unique way so there is no time limit..WIPs can be posted here as well as finished paintings…also would love hearing everyone’s thoughts along the way..

Paint using mirrors, photos or your imagination…the canvas is your’s to cover in your own unique way..

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

lovin art

I like the idea…..will see …be interesting to paint myself from life need the practice ….look forward if time allows am usually painting and drawing other people nakked lol :D

HenrietteW

Excellent, Becca – :D Now … if it only were summer … ;)

AllisonR

hmm, I think I am game. Have several nude self portraits planned for the future, but I am not ready (technically) yet. However, I could try a regular nude. Hmm.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                    illustroni

Thank you, Becca, for the no time limit inclusion, as I will be stumbling
                        along with mine ’til 2015.

Haven’t quite narrowed down my pose yet… and either choice will be (from necessity) from photo refs. Hmmm… they’re both so darned interesting (to me at least :D ) that I may well end up doing both.
                        After all, everybody needs two large nude paintings of an old woman
                        flanking their dining room table!:lol:

Anxious to get started on this!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]-Roni

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]All I want to do with my work is to understand what inspires me
                        and to learn to express it better - Duffy Sheridan
                        (I couldn't have said it better myself!)

xislandman

Where was this idea twenty years ago…

...dennis
                            http://DennisMarshallArtist.blogspot.com/ - '...and the lie faded into history and became the truth.'

adamrice

Great idea! i’m a nudist at heart, so no qualms here :)

"Growing old can be tough, but it sure beats the alternative"
                                -Adam Rice

My Blog
                                ArtyRolina

I’m going to give it a go, it should be fun!

Rolina x

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/16-Aug-2013/959592-bottombanner_resized.jpg

Michaelshane

I think I’ll just watch….

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                        Bob Dylan.

ArtyRolina

I hope Jim comes and joins us again, his previous thread on the subject was hilarious (mostly)!

Rolina x

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/16-Aug-2013/959592-bottombanner_resized.jpg

!becca

I hope Jim comes and joins us again, his previous [URL=https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507841]thread[/URL] on the subject was hilarious (mostly)!

Remembering that thread is what brought this to life in the first place.. :wink2:

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
                                                Becca's Fine Art

illustroni

Hope to get started on some rough thumbnails tomorrow.

Yes, I’ve decided to do 2 (what can I say… it’s how I roll!) Both will be fairly large, and one will be quite involved, so I’ve got a lot of planning to do before I can touch paint to canvas. (Need to investigate the relative size of sheep to human…)

There are no more impending apocalypses forecast for any time soon, are there??

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]All I want to do with my work is to understand what inspires me

laika

Fig leaf optional?

Oh, I would do it, but all I have are alkyds and people in this forum seem to frown on including alkyd oils in with traditional oils ;) Would it be poor form to follow the thread without participating?

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                                                        - Otto Rank

lovin art

Hiya Lamar …. Get your kit off and paint ….. :D no reason you can’t post it in here;)

illustroni

Fig leaf optional?

Oh, I [I]would[/I] do it, but all I have are alkyds and people in this forum seem to frown on including alkyd oils in with traditional oils ;) Would it be poor form to follow the thread without participating?

I can’t speak for everyone, but I can’t see where alkyds would be any less acceptable than water-miscible oils… Still oil paint, just a different formulation!
                                                                We won’t tell if you don’t!

Join the fun! It’s very freeing to drop the inhibitions once in awhile!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 553 total)
                                                              • The topic ‘Challenge……Let’s All Paint A Nude Self Portrait… :)’ is closed to new replies.