Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Derwent Signature Premium Colored Pencil

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Just thought I’d ask if anyone has or is working with the Derwent Signature Premium Colored Pencils? If so, how do you like it? I have a set but haven’t really tried them and don’t see it listed in the recent colored pencil books. Also is it wax or oil based?

Thanks,
    Debbie

RoseyPosey

I have a few of them and I feel that the leads are rather dryish – more on the hard side of things. Nothing like Prisma. Im sure others could elaborate better than me though.

salemskye

Here’s what I said on my blog about them and they are wax based –

Derwent Signature was an expensive range specially designed by Derwent to be highly lightfast. The finest pigments were selected and Signature was the result.

Then Derwent stopped making them. Maybe the high cost? Maybe they didn’t have a market for very lightfast pencils? I don’t know, but I have heard in some quarters that they weren’t as good as they were meant to be. Yes, highly lightfast but there were problems with the casing, the livery, the binding method. You can still get them on eBay and they are still expensive but I like them. They are very creamy, with a dense colour laydown and a nice range of blues and green.

Thank you so much for your input, Rosey and Salem Sky! I guess with the discontinuation, it explains why I haven’t seen them used much on the Web…maybe I should sell on Ebay???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The topic ‘Derwent Signature Premium Colored Pencil’ is closed to new replies.