Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Thursday 18th July 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, rain iverninght, fingers crossed we will be able to bowl this afternoon :crossfingers:

I woke after midnight with nightmare about the house being on fire :eek: otherwise a good night.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening all.

Doug, you must have smelled the smoke from our stupendous bonfire. :lol:

Char, hope you do do the course. You have so much knowledge and sense already and combined with your cooking skills you will ace it. :thumbsup:

We managed to take the tree down yesterday. No damage to other trees, the clothesline, or ourselves. It was at the limit of what we could do ourselves. Moral of story is get rid of self seeded trees in the wrong place hen they are little. It was a golden rain tree. We have a self seeded crepe myrtle on the western side of the house. That might be next …. Maybe ….

Turkeys, wongs, magpies and butcherbirds are massing so must be time for the cat food shower.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

rossmarie

Good morning Doug / evening Annie.

Rain here overnight but patchy. Interesting day yesterday – key broke in lock and we were locked out! Luckily gardener managed to tumble in through upstairs window ( which would have been shut if we were away). We are also being ‘bombed’ by house martins and their young nesting under the gable end and right next to a defunct aerial we want to take down. Hope the birds fly soon – we don’t want to disturb them but the amount of poo landing on the kitchen window sill and outside water tap is assuming alarming proportions!

In middle of more steroid treatment this week – usually feel ‘spaced out’ after this for a few days but legs have improved and I usually stagger around without a stick at home. Progress!

Greetings to all across the ‘pond’ yet to wake up.

Mike 😊

shipbroker

A more settled night sleepwise though still long gaps.

Ringing me at 0800 is my Doctor for a chat,saves going to surgery.

No plans yet.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Hi Annie, the turkey is taking advantage of the new space.

Good morning Mike, glad to see you improving a little. Must have been a dilemma finding yourself locked out.

Good morning Geoff, you have great doctor.

We have sunshine :thumbsup:

Doug

doppler

Meant to say too, JJ that sounds like a well organised intimidatory scam. It would be worth reporting to Consumer Affairs.

Doug, that particular turkey is a total a. He gets on the roof before feeding time and scrapes his claws over the tin. Imagine nails down a blackboard. I tell him he should be making a mound and that if he chases off all the girls there will be no eggs. Does he care ??? :lol: BTW turkeys do NOT eat their young. They don’t give a toss about anything or anyone.

Annie
                    "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

shipbroker

Indeed Doug…all the Doctors at surgery are great as are the support staff…
                        Long chat covered many points…

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good afternoon all. 4.30pm :wave:

I had such a lovely morning sketching the Historic Christ Church at Tingalpa. A nice man came and showed me through the church, sat reading a book while I sketched and made me coffee :)

Grocery shopping afterwards, that took 3 hours with Alan. :eek: Back is killing me.

JJ, since no one has asked, did the simple act of plugging in the plug fix your problem?

No he pointed it out, but did not fix it.

Annie that is a relief to know the Bush Turkys do not eat their young. I read it somewhere, that when the babies hatch, they have to run away real fast or Dad makes a snack of them.

Here is my resident fellow, quite young :)

An hour has passed since I started this post, it is now time to put supper on..

back later xx:grouphug:

JJ
                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                        MY BLOG
                        My Youtube videos

Lulu

Evening all….

Good productive day. Still mild temps too.

Good sketch JJ.
                            I wonder if that man has done the same with anyone else.

Mike, glad that you are making some progress.

Watching The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. Quite lovely, based on a true story.

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Lulu, that look on his face and that smarmy laugh, I would say yes.

JJ
                            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                            MY BLOG
                            My Youtube videos

Lulu

Disgusting. Do you have a TV programme like we do, called Fair Go which investigates, names and shames such people?

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

I don’t think so..

JJ
                                MY BLOG
                                My Youtube videos

Good Morning Gang! Yes, I’m complaining about the heat yet again. Seems like all I do is complain about the weather. :rolleyes: All that rain in our cool spring has contributed to the very high water table levels and lots of flooding. In fact, the streets were flooded in Toronto yesterday due to torrential rain. Anyway, now the heat and humidity is forcing us indoors because it’s so oppressive. We’re expecting it to be 32C which will feel like 47C with the humidex. :(

Workers are coming today to finally clean the lichen, moss and walnut stains from the garage and house roofs. That’s really a big deal because we’ve had a real challenge in finding someone to be able to clean them. I must make a quick run to town to get a bank draft to pay them. And my house cleaner will be here today as well. I pay her from my teaching money. :)

I have no other plans for the day. I want to work on McKenzie’s posterized portrait, and my Studio does need some tidying. Nothing urgent.

The Nutritionist programme I’ve been flirting with is online. I’d have to travel to a larger centre for monitored exams. That’s no big deal. I would have no plans to counsel, though, as this would be for my own satisfaction. I’ve discussed this with Ted because the tuition is steep enough that I couldn’t make the commitment without his support. :) He never says no.

Doug, I have a 3 quart multi cooker that I use in our RV and have bought accessories for it. You do have to be a little more creative, though. I have a 6″ wide baking dish that I use for rice and pasta. And I also have a small folding steamer basket that fits. That said, the small unit takes up almost as much room as the larger one.

Annie, you’re right about dealing with the seedling trees. Left to Mother Nature, our yard would very quickly become a forest of maples, walnuts, oaks and sumac.

:eek: getting locked out of the house, Mike! Thank goodness for the open window. And, :thumbsup: for being forced to deal with the awful mess left by the nesting martins!

Geoff, in today’s world it’s unusual to experience such good treatment from your Doctor.

That’s a beautiful sketch, JJ! Neat that you had a Watcher. Please notify someone of the company that tried to scam you… your local government, an ombudsman, etc.

Hiya Lulu and all yet to come. I haven’t brewed the coffee yet, so I’ll head to the kitchen to get that done. I hope you all enjoy a happy and creative day! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Super sketch JJ.

Thanks for the info Char, I have searched for accessories and couldn’t find anything, can I have some details please?

Came away from art class and left my painting gear behind. :rolleyes: It isn’t there now so someone in the class must have picked it up.

Doug

Doug, this is from the Canadian Amazon site, 3 Quart Instant Pot Accessories:

If you scroll way down the page, you’ll find lots of options.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.