Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Sunday 14th July 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, a fine start to the day.

Son David is coming down after golf to watch the F1 race, a regular thing. I’ll be making a chicken dinner.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

rossmarie

Good morning Doug and all to follow. Should be with our son today but visit called off because Ann unwell and could not face prospect of long car drive. So I shall watch cricket World Cup final and she will be willing on Federer to beat Djokovic in the Wimbledon Men’s Tennis Final. Great win by Halep yesterday against Serena Williams who was very gracious in defeat.

Mike

shipbroker

Think that will be our programme too Mike.

Poor night, some rain..not enough.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

doppler

Good evening all.

Slightly chilly but beautiful sunny day. We were going to cut down a young tree growing in the wrong place, but we hate murder, so we vacillated, procrastinated and just didn’t. Will tomorrow. Have to. If it gets bigger we will have to call someone in.

We have left the English oak growing in the lower garden. We will be dead before it’s a problem.

Cats good, but dusty and brown. Little wanna be ferals go outside and roll in the dust before coming in and sleeping on our bed.

:wave:

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

Good Morning all,
                It is almost 5:15 a.m. and still pitch dark outside my window.

We are off to the grocery store later this morning. Need to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies.

I’m making chicken a la king for dinner with some left over roast chicken we had in the freezer. One of my favorite ways to make chicken. :D

Enjoy your sports watching all.

SYL,

Sylvia

Lulu

[INDENT][/INDENT]Evening gentlemen …Annie and Sylvia

Was going to watch the cricket too but just too tired. Will be asleep very soon!
                    Win or lose, I hope our boys do us proud.
                    We are not expecting a win but who knows, anything can happen in cricket.

The tennis is amazing. Can only catch highlights but we did watching the NZ team playing netball in Liverpool tonight.

Had a lovely day. Church was very delightfully distracting with all the beautiful babies around us and a set of identical twin boys who never stopped giggling! Loved it.

Then on to our friends who have just moved up here. They have a lovely new warm and sunny home. After a gap of 20 years we just slotted in to conversation like we had seen them yesterday.
                    There is a house for sale opposite them, would be fun if we bought it!

Nite all Enjoy your Sunday. I am off to the land of Nodding Off!. :wave:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Good morning Geoff, Mike and Sylvia.

Annie, can you show us what your “outback” down the hill looks like now it has had time to mature? Trees have a habit of sneaking in while you are not looking and the seedlings seem to have roots that go down to the middle of the earth, they are so difficult to remove :rolleyes:

PS Hi Lulu, no forecasting how the cricket will go the NZ team are persistent b*gg*rs :) Sounds like the perfect house.

Doug

doppler

I’ll try tomorrow Doug, meaning I will :lol: might ..

Lulu, you will be horrified to know that the Australian supporters are right behind NZ …. and not to mug them … :lol: your team has been exceptional.

Annie
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

shipbroker

………..and the Indian supporters are following England.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

We will be watching the Tour de France until David arrives – a hill stage.

Garden is looking nice this morning.

Doug

doppler

South v north again.

Annie
                                Steven Wright
                                My Flickr Site

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Nice coolish night, windows were open. Another hot and humid day and the whole week to follow, actually getting worse every day. Bright sunshine.

I kept thinking of Char yesterday, it was soooo humid, hope she found a very shady spot. Whatever she was painting it wouldn’t have dried.

This evening I am going to my oldest grandson’s birthday dinner and more sorting and purging during the day and then there is laundry and the front garden needs watering.

Mike, how are your feet doing???? Sorry you are missing a visit to your son because Ann isn’t well enough to travel, another day:)

June, I am so sorry about your son’s health condition and your worries about him:grouphug:

Lulu, yes, that is how it goes with good friends:thumbsup: Your interest in the neighbour’s house is interesting, is that the one, maybe:)

Annie, I know all abut procrastination, that’s why my need to catch up now:)

Tracy, wow, a big lot of berries to process, they are looking good as are the cats:)

Steve, always :crossfingers: for Lisa!!

:wave: to you Geoff and Sylvia!

P.S.: your garden IS looking nice Doug!!! Your Shasta Daisies are blooming at the same time as mine.

Uschi

:wave: Good evening everyone..

My gardener turned up at 8.30 and went on a go slow. He has to come back tomorrow. I can not believe it is going to take three days to clear on small corner of my yard.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day/evening.

Much love :heart:

JJ
                                    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                    MY BLOG
                                    My Youtube videos

:wave: everyone,
                                    It is cloudy and cool right now but it’s supposed to clear and warm up later.

I have the art club’s open studio this afternoon and I’m going to try making paper mache clay to see if it works. I’ll probably be dyeing some scarves as well.

My son might come over after work for supper since the boys are at the in-laws’ cottage for the weekend and my DIL is in Ottawa at a concert with friends.

Today is our 40th anniversary. We went out for supper last night.

Brian is on holidays again this week so I’ll have to make him a list of jobs that need doing around here and be happy if he gets one done. :lol: He is actually saying we need to clean out some of our stuff stored in the basement etc which is amazing since he very much tries to hold on to everything. I think he means I should clean out my things to make more room for his. :rolleyes: If he is ready to purge stuff I’ll keep him busy with that.

Char – how did the painting outside go? I hope you weren’t too hot.

Nancy – today diabetics don’t have to stick closely to a diet. The new thinking is that they can eat what they want (within reason) and give themselves insulin to cover the carbs. It makes for a much more normal life and they are more prone to follow treatment regimes if they aren’t denied foods.

Tracy – Leo is an exact copy of our cat Sylvester.

I need to get dressed and start my day. I have to pack the art supplies next and I have some housework to do before lunch.

www.ellenspalette.com

Good Morning! It’s heating up. There’s no rain in sight. It’s a challenge to enjoy our gardens when it’s just miserable to be out of doors.

Yesterday began with a nice cool breeze. I’d finished a painting on Friday night and needed to get something more drawn out for the day on Saturday. Doing that made me arrive a little later than I should have. I was able to set up quickly enough though because my Hosts helped me.

I do have photos, btw, and will get them downloaded from my tablet. My good SLR camera failed! :eek:

Anyway, we had about 60 people walk through the garden on Friday night and another 120+ on Saturday. By noon time, it was really heating up. I finally gave up and packed my things a little early because it was 33C in the shade and I was red faced and miserable. I did sell 4 pieces, two small studies and two quarter sheet gallery wraps. :)

When I got home, I went directly upstairs and shed my sweaty outfit, showered in the cold lake water and got dressed in a cooler outfit. I had just come downstairs when our Niece arrived. We had a wonderful visit!!! I said that we should just go out for dinner, which we did, rather than trying to cook anything. We ate at Wimpy’s, all three of us ordering fish and chips.

Jen (our Niece) has just left for home and I hope she doesn’t get caught up in traffic because of construction.

Today, I must get some groceries and then get laundry in the machines. I have two paintings to wax.

Oldey… I appreciate your expressed opinion about the unnecessary use of expletives. There’s no need, in my humble opinion, to apologize. And yes, we are fortunate enough to be able to speak our minds without fear due to our Freedom of Speech laws and I’m sure that everyone respects that also.

June, I’m really sorry that you’re still experiencing health issues, glad that you do have people looking out for you, and impressed that you’re managing all that purging!!! :heart: And, I’m sorry that your Son’s ongoing health condition is such a worry for you.

Kay, that’s a handsome photo of your handsome Ginger!

Tracy, all that fruit looks yummy… and your helpers are adorable!!! What, in heaven’s name, are you doing with all that delicious jam?

Doug, it’s nice that your Son is coming over for a visit and to watch the game. Your garden is gorgeous!! As usual.

Mike, I’m sorry that Ann is really down and out. :( I hope she begins to feel better today.

Hiya Geoff. Even a little rain is better than no rain… although my Father wouldn’t have agreed with that. He measured our rainfall and kept fastidious records…

Annie, we have all kinds of naturalized trees growing in the gardens that must be cut out. Walnuts, maples, larches and sumac.

Sylvia… over biscuits? I love it too.

What a nice day, Lulu… and are you now seriously looking for a new home?

Cricket… blah, blah-blah blah, blah blah… so much noise when I don’t have a clue what any of you are saying! :lol: :p

Uschi, it was Africa Hot. It was Rainforest Humid. I was a puddle. You’re right about the drying problem. On Saturday, I was painting on two pieces to try to deal with that. How old is that Grandson now?

Hi JJ… unfortunately, the alternative is to do the work yourself.

Ellen, I have been planning our meals in that vein. I don’t believe that “light” foods and artificial sweeteners are healthy. It’s very important to understand the balance, though, that will prevent Ted’s sugar from spiking. Now with the restrictions on salt and potassium, it’s a challenge… but, we’re now finding many foods to be too salty!!! And those sweet treats we used to love are too sweet. That’s what necessitates all the baking I do… :lol:

Good luck at the Open Studio. I’m really curious about clay paper mache.

I hope that Steve’s Lisa continues to improve. And that everyone who’s feeling icky can get some relief. Have a great day, Painter People… you’re the BEST! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.