Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ** Daily Wash Friday 5th July 2019**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    shipbroker

Morning All.

Lulu,yes stunning skilful painting,thanks.

Birds going mad here.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good morning all, rather cloudy here.

We plan a trip to Southport today to be some Contiboard to make more shelving for Ruth’s craft room.

Ruth is calling in the opticians to see if they can fit a new lens in her glasses for her cataract eye. She will get new glasses when she has had her second operation.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening all.

LUlu, that painting was a stunner.

Nowt happening here so :wave:

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

shadye1

Good Morning All.
                Re-treated the pond last night, to slow Duckweed spreading.

War declared on all cars, although there is still no suitable public transport alternative.
                Another hot day, the once kindly face of Old Sol is now an unfriendly glare.
                I was looking at electric cars, all that battery weight in the floor, normal cars would be sliced open in the event of a collision (something you don’t hear mentioned) Special recovery for battery cars after an accident due to the likely hood of electric shock.

doppler

What happened to your SKoda Rod?

Annie
                    Steven Wright
                    My Flickr Site

shadye1

Skoda Combi going from strength to strength, it now has a roof rack and top box of 320 litres. The boot is very big for a supermini but it was like Tetris to get our camping gear in.
                        The 110ps tsi engine is powerful and acceleration very good, fuel use the way I drive is in the 50’s per gallon.
                        I am very pleased but still miss the Diesel Yeti.
                        I was just watching a video about electric cars, very unlikely to change, it is an odd system, you don’t own the batteries but rent them although the car is yours?

:wave: everyone,
                        Another day of highs of 30 but they are saying 60% chance of showers or thunderstorms. Just enough to add humidity. :rolleyes:

I didn’t get much sleep last night so it might mean a nap later. I babysit sit all morning. My son is coming for supper tonight after work. The boys and DIL will be at the camper for the weekend. We will order out because it will be hot to cook.

Brian will bring in our cat to the vet this morning to see if there is something we can do about his diarrhea.

I’m going to have breakfast and then water the potted plants. Enjoy your day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

shipbroker

Jaguar building massive electric car plant in UK.
                            Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Bill

Good day all,

70 F and expected to reach 88.

I’m hoping for a self-driving electric car by the time they want to take away my driver’s license.

I’ll mow some more lawn this morning.

I’m going to order Chinese for dinner. A rare treat for us as we seldom eat out.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

doppler

Dry humour Bill :thumbsup: :lol:

Annie
                                    Steven Wright
                                    My Flickr Site

Uschi

Good Morning!!

I woke up an hour earlier than I wanted to:)

Another truly stinking hot day with really bad humidity.

After scrabble yesterday I had dinner and then around eight in the evening I went to various stores to get groceries etc. I thoroughly enjoyed that because as I said before, I :heart: :heart: the balmy evenings.

I had the check up for the second eye surgery and the surgeon and I were very happy about the perfect outcome for both eyes. Vision is 20/20 for distance:thumbsup:

Painful deep tissue massage for the hip this morning and considering the heat I don’t have much else planned for the day.

Lulu, I agree with the others, fabulous painting:thumbsup:

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: for Steve’s Lisa.

:wave: to all here and all yet to come!!

Uschi

:wave: Good evening all. :)

Another enjoyable day here. I have been busy pottering around my garden, this morning, and this afternoon my girls dropped in. Tania wanted to drop off my Blood Sweat and Beers hoody I bought. :)

I spent the rest of the afternoon studying up crystals.

JJ…Crystals, a lady I went to classes with was a trained geologist turned gemologist who spent her business life as a lapidary cutting crystals for one of the larger stores in UK. She gave a chat one evening when the teacher didn’t turn up and was asked what effect these crystals had on her….none whatsoever she said, other than there was one type which she kept in her drinking water as it ionised the contents. She accepted that there were many who lived for their crystals and as it was her living she wasn’t going to say anything against them!

Not everyone feels the crystals, they have their vibes shut off/closed.

JJ….just as a coincidence she also shared her home with her ‘ex’…name Alan!

:lol:

Sorry for all of you sweltering. :grouphug:

Nancy, your poodle is adorable.

Lulu, John Cooney is indeed very talented.

Rod, Electric cars use batteries which can emit toxic fumes. Most electricity used to power electric vehicles is generated from non-renewable energy sources, which can have a negative impact on both our health and the environment.

Uschi, I am so happy for you and the excellent outcome on your cataract operations.:clap:

Steve how are you and Lisa today?

Have a great day folks and a lovely evening to those down under..

:grouphug::heart::grouphug: Stay Safe.

JJ
                                        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                        MY BLOG
                                        My Youtube videos

Good Morning from the Sauna of SW Ontario. We are still under a prolonged Heat Alert with our high temperature today at 31C. But with the humidex of 45C, we just can’t do much of anything outside. There’s a slim chance of rain, but it’s not going to help relieve us from the humidity. The gardens, regardless, will need to be watered.

The herd’s been fed and the coffee brewed. I raised the blinds, but they’ll need to come down again by noon time.

I’ll deliver my three paintings to the exhibition today. The sales commission will be only 15%, so I hope someone loves my work enough to buy it! :) I need to return a parcel and will stop at the Post Office to do that. Then, I think I’ll grab McKenzie for a quick bite of lunch. :)

Lulu, I did see that beautiful painting on FB. Remarkable talent!

Hiya Geoff, Doug and Annie.

Rod, I have been given to understand that the car batteries have a 5 year life, meaning that they’ll have to be disposed of and then, of course, replaced. All that lithium and cadmium will be going into landfill???

Ellen, with our warming planet, you may be forced to install central air conditioning. Last night’s temperature down here never dipped below 26C.

Bill, my favourite take-out is Chinese. If we order it as take-out, we get a 10% discount. :lol:

:thumbsup: for great vision, Uschi! About your wall cleaning… it took some number of years for them to need cleaning, so it won’t hurt anything if you take your sweet time in revitalizing them! :)

Hiya JJ and all yet to come… I hope that those who’re just not feeling well can improve today. And I wish for the very best possible day to everyone! Stay hydrated. :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

:wave: Busy day here, pick up car, come back for friend, take us grocery shopping, drop off friend and groceries, then many errands for me.

Hope every one stays cool and healthy!

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                        www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                        "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Good Morning all,
                                        It is 9:45 a.m. here in hot and getting even hotter Oakwood. Temps and humidity HIGH like so many others. Bless the inventor of AC!

Just went out and watered the garden. So depressing. My cucumbers looked odd, and as I grew closer I saw why. Their leaves at the top of each plant had been nipped off and probably eaten by a deer or deers. We hadn’t seen any this year, so it was unexpected, but I can’t think of anything else that would do this. Then, when I went to the tomato plants I saw green tomatoes on the ground all around them. I counted 9 that had been knocked off the plants and split but not bitten. I threw them in our neighbors compost bin. :(

Larry is up to 1 1/2 mile in his speed walking agenda. He was happy today because he heard a voice behind him saying “I can’t catch up with you.” So he stopped and chatted with a lady who lives on his jogging route who said she was so worried because he stopped passing by her house. So he explained the problem with his knee and his new exercise agenda. This is the second lady who did this because they were so used to seeing him jogging all year long and missed him. :D

I’m working on the grasses around the suitcase in my painting, but I need to cool down after being outside for 40 minutes.

Char, Saw your beautiful paintings you are taking to the exhibition on Facebook. Bet you won’t have to bring them all home at the end of the show. ;)

:lol: yes, electric cars are so energy efficient, but it takes lots of energy to produce their batteries that aren’t. ;)

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.