Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #267: May 5 – May 13, 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347&page=33

Here are the rules for the hunt:
    *All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary. ***

Scavenger Hunt #267: May 5 – May 13, 2012

The list:
    Footstool
    Fence
    Yard art
    Canned food
    Window covering
    Cup or mug
    Feet
    Bucket
    Trash bin/can
    Folds or folded
    Art supply
    Corner of a painting
    Flower
    Small appliance
    Candle
    Security
    Front door
    Mailbox
    Hand
    Mirror
    Blue
    Reference book/material
    Soap
    Slippery
    Cover
    Recycle

Challenges
    1. Do some or all the list in order
    2. Hold an item in your hand and include your hand

Have fun all y’all…
    Jo

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
    My website https://jocastilloart.com

Anonymous

#1 slippery – Skinny Cow Mint ice cream sandwich for Every Day in May – ice cream sandwiches get slippery when they start to melt. This one did while I was painting it.

Colored pencil and watercolor pencil

m50paul

Jo: Nice list … Thanks look forward to the hunt

Jeanne: That was fast! Nice sketch… looks delicious, love the ice cream sandwich!

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Hockey Dad

Thx for the list Jo..looks like fun!
                J’s first out the blocks again!!,,awesome sweets..I’M a sweet guy too. sweet lady:D …funny my wife prefers salty…chips etc..but give me chocolate any day!!…I just had my breakfast dessert..a square of Lindt chocolate and a nice strawberry chocolate truffle flavoured coffee…mi bad!! Ha!

Irwin

I'm not much to look at, I'm nothing to see..I'm just glad I'm living, lucky to be..I've got a woman who's crazy 'bout me...she's funny that way:heart:.

Joan T

Jo – Thanks for the new list!

Jeanne – Congrats on being first with your collection of EDM sweets. You did a great job on the Skinny Cow ice cream…yum!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Anonymous

I’m trying to make all my EDiMs fit the hunt but don’t think it is going to work much longer. So far all 5 have fit.

eyepaint

Thanks for hosting!

-- EP Moderator for:
                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Hello Jo, thanks for the list.

Irwin: We bought so many packs of M& M from the US. They are more expensive in Thailand and Tone can’t live without these sweet things.

J: Love your EDM, esp. the skinny cow icecreme. You did a great job on it.

Hello Paul, EP, Joan, and all, we are back to the hot air of Bangkok.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                                https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

arnica

This list looks great Jo! can’t wait to get started.

Oh that ice cream sandwich looks yummy Jeanne. Mint and chocolate together are one of the greatest flavors on earth!

Kivrin65

Jo– Great list
                                        Jeanne– Love the sweets
                                        Irwin- What a great breakfast you had! Chocolate! Yum!
                                        Ai– glad you had a safe trip back. How are the girls?

1. feet, pencil, 3×2.5 inches
                                        2. reference book, pencil, 2×2.7 inches

Tresgatos

Looks like a good start with the delicious looking sweets that J drew.

Jo – thank you for hosting this time – interesting list.

Kivrin 65 – off to a good start – nice drawings

Thanks for the lovely comments from the last hunt.

I’ll need to get going on these soon.

Barbara

Watercolors, Acrylics, Oils, Pen and Ink

marriam

Thanks for hosting and list Jo.
                                                Jeanne lovely sketches and nice colors .
                                                Great job on your drawings Kivrin, I love the looseness.
                                                Here are two sketches
                                                art supply and blue.

Thanks for looking:)

Joan T

Kivrin – Love the reference book and the cozy foot sketch. Looks like we think along the same lines.

Marriam – Wonderful juicy watercolors of your paint tube and the blue clip.

This sketch of the feet was done directly in pen…thus you notice the left foot is so much fatter than the right. lol I am not deformed.
                                                    1 – footstool – ink and watercolors
                                                    2 – feet
                                                    3 – security – pencil
                                                    4 – hand

5 – window treatment – pencil

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

m50paul

Kivrin: Nice sketches of the feet and reference book…. looks like feet are the favorite this time

Marriam: Like your sketches in blue!…

Joan: Good job on your sketches!

My first….

1) Feet

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

m50paul

And the hands to go with the feet….

2) hands
                                                            3) cup

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.