Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Jerome Building Ruins

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kraffty

A friend of mine from New Mexico posted a couple of black and white photos of wooden framed windows in the remains of some adobe walls on a winemakers forum I frequent. It reminded me of some pictures I took the last time we ran up the hill to the old mining town of Jerome. It’s a couple thousand feet higher elevation than us but only about 5 miles driving distance. This wall is the backside of a hotel that burned numerous times and eventually was left to crumble in the early 1900’s. The attached building to the right is still a functioning candy and gift shop. Another iPhone picture desaturated in PS.

[ATTACH]871809[/ATTACH]

Mike

Anonymous

I like the composition. Desaturated except for some colour in the sky. Works for me.

damar

Hi Mike!
                Nice photo; the texture of the brick and adobe with branches coming through the old windows is pretty cool.
                I did an image search of Jerome. Wow, the little town just seems to back right up the mountain side.
                Theres even an old postcard in the search results.
                (My sister is in the SE part of the state near the Huachuca Mnts.)
                So I like to see parts of her home state.
                Thanks for sharing!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                Photos are ©2021
                Kraffty

It’s funny, Jerome is at 5500 and I took this pic of the town with my Canon EOS Rebel from our first house here last winter which was at 3300 feet. It looks like we’re on the same plane. It’s been reborn as an artist and lately wine community. Neat place for a short visit. Your sis has good taste in States!
                    Mike

Kraffty

It’s funny, Jerome is at 5500 and I took this pic of the town with my Canon EOS Rebel from our first house here last winter which was at 3300 feet. It looks like we’re on the same plane.

[ATTACH]871810[/ATTACH]

It’s been reborn as an artist and lately wine community. Neat place for a short visit. Your sis has good taste in States!
                        Mike

damar

That doesn’t even look real! Looks like a diarama!
                            The snow makes it look unreal!
                            My sister said yes, she’s been to Jerome several times.
                            Sisters husband is a native Arizonan.
                            She loves it there!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                            Photos are ©2021
                          Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.