Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush My first forays into airbrush art-C&C welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hmshood5

I mostly paint space-themed art in acrylics, and have just begun to incorporate the airbrush into my tactics. The first painting is titled “2007 OR10” (dwarf planet in the Kuiper belt), and I used the AB for the dark area and terminator on the planet, and also for the lighter areas, such as the Milky Way stretching in the background, and the distant star clusters and the Sun, which appears as a bright star just above the horizon to the right.

The second is titled “Cloudburst Supernova”, and here I used a new technique to render the bright supernova.

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
        www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Konfuzd

Cool! I’d consider them both very successful!

C & C is A-OK!

fedetony

Me too… Great work

Federico Garcia
                My Blog
                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

jonc50

Excellent work!

I like what you’ve painted. Great control for beginning too.

I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born
                    - Ronald Reagan

AllisonR

These are cool. How did you get the tiny stars, with a sprayed on medium or individually with a tiny brush, or…?

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                        hmshood5

These are cool. How did you get the tiny stars, with a sprayed on medium or individually with a tiny brush, or…?

By tapping a paintbrush with thinned white paint over it.

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                            www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.