WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 03:22 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada
Re: *** Daily Wash Thursday 14th February 2019 ***

I just wanted to let you know I found my bank card. It was on the floor just inside the garage. It was face down and the dark back matched the rug. Thatís a relief.

I hope everyone is having a better day. I have to meet the boysí bus so Iím dashing off.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:02 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Tracy, good for you in getting your refund.
BTW, it is an ink drawing, but thanks for the compliment.
It was Les who has complained about his memory. Yes, I sometimes can't believe How old I am, but I remember everything else pretty well.
Bill

#33   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:09 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Great picture Bill....
Will have a trip to end of Wednesday Wash as I see Les has posted there.
geoff

p.s. Keep at it Les, we all slip up with things like appointments.

Last edited by shipbroker : 02-14-2019 at 04:12 PM.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Shetland

Hails from Shetland Islands

Good evening everyone. Breezy but fine weather tonight. Arrived back from visiting a friend in Scalloway at about 6.00 pm and there was still a glimmer of light in the sky. We do get plenty of dark here in the winter and I get a real lift when it gets light again.

JJ: your Greeters look like a happy band. The gentleman on the back right reminds me of me. A photograph of me, Barbara and a sculpture she was working on. The place is called the Knab and is in Lerwick.

Anita: sorry to hear that it was confirmed as Shingles. I sympathise but the medication will help.

Bill: as I said elsewhere I loved the drawing.

Char: sorry you had such a travail getting the support you needed but pleased that the problem was resolved in the end and that the nurse herself was a good un.

Betty: Sorry the deer didn't make it. Out of control dogs are a real problem. I wonder about the impact of domestic cats on bird life too. Don't get me wrong, I love them and have been a cat person but every neighbourhood has a significant population of artificially introduced very efficient predators. Keep them well fed folks.

Sharon: Loving the pictures, especially the rose and the snows.

Handsome cats Tracy.

Ellen: glad you found your bank card. I've always found that the only way I can find them is by phoning to cancel them - they turn up right away then.

Barbara has just turned up with a really delicious late meal of brocolli and cheese baked with egg - yum. Fond thoughts to all those not mentioned. Teas on knees while watching a repeat of a Vera programme.

John
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 05:03 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Back from the mall walking. I still cannot make it all the way around twice, because the stupid antibiotics are aggravating my joints. John picked out his present at the LEGO store. He had a beautiful card waiting to greet me this morning. He got the one I made him a few days ago on the Cricut.

Char, You are so sweet. It is my m ind just thinking of things by itself. As soon as I finish posting, I will be cutting out the good shutters. This machine is fantastic. It is a primitive vector program. Each of thos little shutter parts are a rectangle. One line was a fold line, and there were three cut lines. It just breezes through everything. Such a joy to play with.

Tracy, I am afraid I would be a terrible teacher. I love computers, iPads, iPhones, etc. Nothing scares me on the techie side. I just assume that everyone knows everything that I do about programs. (The DNA engineering, logical thinking, and artistic genes from my fatherís side just come naturally.) I also think outside the box; and when I sleep, my brain is solving problems for me. It is the way that I am wired. Thus, I have a problem when someone does not ďgetĒ something simple. I have only one person, my best friend from work, who is better than me in Excel. The man is a math genius who also thinks outside the box. We could make our computers sing in Excel and were quite a team.

Have a wonderful evening, it is time for me to play!
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Hi again - my driveway is filling in again. It started snowing off and on before noon, but was just tiny dry snow - it is now fluffy snow which piles up. At least I got to the bank to pay my bills today. Betty
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 08:28 PM

OK, I'm the one losing my mind/memory! For some reason, I get some of your single-syllable named guys mixed up when I write!

Bill, knowing that drawing is INK makes it all the more impressive in my book!!!!

And on that memory tip with appointment books - I put all my personal appointments in my work Outlook calendar (just make them private so the whole world doesn't see them) including reminders a couple days ahead of time of something coming up. I don't trust myself any more to remember things and I can't tell you how many times I check my "SENT" email folder to see if I really wrote to someone or just had thought about it. So Les...hang in there.

John, nice to see you and Barbara. What a lovely part of the world you live in! Does Barbara weave? (I spied that scarf!)

If not a teacher Nancy, you are a heck of ambassador for their brand. They are insane to make it so difficult for people to reach them and they should be a sponsor on your site!

Betty, I had an angry piece of weather roll through here an hour ago - rain and snow mix. And those "flakes" were more like big puff balls of snow slopping against the windows! But thankfully, when the storm left, so did the wind! The snow continues to melt here - I drove around a bit at lunch time and looks like all the pastures (lots of horses and dairy cattle in the area) are going to be lakes for awhile.

I never got that roast cooked whenever I talked about it (see? I can't remember - sometime recently). Anyway, it's in the oven now. And since I can get out, I will probably stop and grab some taco shells when I return the Redbox movie in a bit. I'll get some pre-made fresh pico de gallo when I'm there too (too lazy to make it tonight). The roast smells good - nothing like a twofer on pot roasts!
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:03 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

It's dark out there....
Geoff
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:16 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Thanks everyone xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM
As a matter of interest, Ted has a death mask of Mohammad Ali that was gifted to him by our Eldest. Chris bought it when he was still working special effects in the movie industry.

Oh wow may I see it? that is awesome, oh lucky Ted!

Can you give me the recipe for those little eggs muffin things you made please.

Betty, so sorry the buck didn't make it xx

Love your snow photo Sharon. All your photos are lovely.

Cool shutters Nancy.

Cute kitties Tracy xx

Greeters started in New York with Big Apple Greeter was founded in 1992. Anyone can start a Local Greeter Organisation - Global Greeters
For anyone travelling it is a great way to see a city with a local who is passionate about their city. I find tour guides very expensive and impersonal.
The Brisbane branch was started by Brisbane Marketing. They saw it as a way to boost the citys awareness.
This have been a good thing, as we have a roster, uniforms, insurance whilst we are "greeting" and backup from Brisbane marketing.
The lady who started it all, is only 5% involved now, and we have a new manager, that is proving to be awesome. There are 150 Brisbane Greeters at present.

Phew Ellen good news xx

Bill me too, re age. I swear I am only 50, but my darn birth certificate says I am 66 Someone in the births deaths and marriages has made a monumental mistake! Absolutely love your drawing

John love your photo

I have just been invited out to lunch..

Be back later xxx
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:22 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipbroker
It's dark out there....
Geoff

It is overcast and "coolish" outside here a delightful 29 deg Celsius

#41   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:29 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

Got back from babysitting and helped a neighbour I saw struggling to get her car in the driveway because the plow had left a large ridge. I brought out my snowblower and had her parked in 10 minutes. Love that thing. Then I went to the art club meeting and when I got home made a pickle pasta salad that I saw on YouTube, cleaned the bathrooms, and I am waiting on some dough to rise before forming it into buns to bake in the morning.

Iíve been reading The Handmaids Tale again. I bought it when it was first published and it really bothered me back then. Itís even more terrifying now because I can see how easily it could happen today. I donít know if I want to watch the series. I always enjoy the books more.

I better get the wash into the dryer. See you all in the morning.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:38 AM

Ellen, I remember reading The Handmaidís Tale when it first came out. You know...when it was scifi/speculative fiction. Icannot watch the series at all. Iím glad if it creates more awareness, but there would be too many nightmares for me. I fear we are a generation that saw women and minorities almost achieve parity....only to watch it all slip away from us again.

Too sobering a thought before bed! Thank goodness itís almost Friday!

JJ, insanely beautiful flower!