Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! hello, new member (3 months ago )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joe1It

Hello everyone, I discovered the forum about 3 months ago and I really wanted to tell you how much I appreciate it.
        (I’m sorry I did not register at least 10 years ago.)
        I apologize for the English, I wanted to congratulate and thank the forum because it is really rich and interesting, it is nice to be able to read this world, find a place where everyone has this passion and maybe interact with some of them, maybe show your attempts and to receive cec.
        I discovered the site a few months ago by finding class 101 and then I joined (because I had the dream of learning chiaroscuro and realistic design) and I started to follow that part of the forum above all. As I said frequent, I surf above all on Drawing and Sketching, reading here or participating on class).

In the site (you want to class 101 or readings of post or archive) I have discovered really extraordinary artists and great teachers as arnoud3272 that I thank (his infinite patience and his expertise have increased my love for drawing), frequenting the site and reading posts I found in moderators and users very talented (there are drawings and works that take your breath away) and a lot of generosity, (I think of the classes, tutorials like those of SparrowHawk7), the many posts with users who share them skills.

I love drawing, see or read about it and I’ve always wanted to learn how to draw well even though when I was 14 I stopped drawing (for a stupid episode) and only 10/11 years later I started to get interested again this wonderful world in some way (that I know, reading an artist that I appreciate or maybe a documentary) and only after several years I thought to try to start drawing even if perhaps for months or years or more, searched online articles etc on the possibility of learning without formal education and after 30 rather than practicing.
        *and or started with some attempt to learn to draw as a self-taught perhaps even sinning continuity and construct, tried to learn from the basics trying to figure out what were the fundamentals then after the last tests, a couple of years of trying here I am here. …
        Summing up, Mastering chiaroscuro is my dream and drawing is something that I feel the need so I hope to do it with continuity, without stopping the past and improving the + possible.
        , I do not have a formal education and I’m a beginner, I really would like to learn chiaroscuro, realistic pencil and charcoal drawing, drawing of the figure, caricatures, maybe even in digital art and watercolors, but there are so many interesting media in reality ( pen drawing, fontain pen) and many facets for which the dream is to master the chiaroscuro (maybe) and then learn the + possible fundamentals coming to anatomy and colors (the colors eventually right at the end) and the media that attract me more and they are more practical.
        Only later I started to see other sections of the forum in addition to Drawing and Sketching so here I will arrive late but I wanted to say thank you.
        On moving on the site to the best I’m still learning (many areas I have not yet discovered etc, I recently ended up here and on figures)
        Maybe then I ask here about some doubts about where and how to post, according to my level I would not dirty forums and discussions and I do not know if maybe you can post on a discussion stopped for years or maybe I can open a discussion for type of sisegni, maybe figure or post for design maybe without exaggerating type one a week but now I did not think to post outside Classroom or in any case not soon, in case I ask it better.

- C & C welcome ( comments and criticisms highly appreciated)

— NOT allowed for Al training

talisman

Welcome!
            I’m glad you are enjoying exploring all the wonders of Wet Canvas.
            Good thing with art the picture is all you need. Your English is fine and I look forward to seeing some of your chiaroscuro works, maybe in the Drawing area.
            Wet Canvas is a great place to explore and learn!
            Look around and find a subject or medium you like, there is truly something for everyone here.
            Things are arranged here by subject and also by medium.
            Have fun looking around, lots of things to do, Learning Areas and Monthly Challenges in several forums.
            Look at some of the forums and you’ll soon find a fit that’s right for you, or maybe several forums!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

joe1It

Thank you very much for your response and suggestions.

Yes, i agree about the richness of the forum and thanks for your words of encouragement for my english and not only.

if it is not a problem or maybe it is also nice, * interesting to bring back with my sketch ,draw following class of the forum, from class 14( figure ) which is what I was following this period.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Nov-2018/2090575-20181103_154521-2241×39842.jpg
                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/05-Nov-2018/2090575-20181106_023633-3984×2241.jpg

, this is a charcoal drawing last month
                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/08-Oct-2018/2090575-20181008_033449-3984×2241.jpg
                :wave:

What a charming drawing of the dog. :heart:

You can make a new thread for your work in the Drawing and Sketching forum. Your work is quite good already and we like seeing how new artists develop.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the forums. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Hello joe1It – a belated welcome.

As far as D&S is concerned, if you find an old topic and have something to ask or add, feel free to just make the post at the end of the thread. Everyone who originally subscribed to that thread will be sent notice that something new has been posted and the thread will go back to the top of the list at the forum it started in. That way new people will see the thread and have a chance to read through it. However, be aware that sometimes the original poster or someone who made a post(s) in the thread are no longer with us for one reason or another so it is possible that your comment will not get a response.

Also feel free to start a new thread anytime you either have a question that isn’t answered somewhere else or if you have something new to share. Nobody will care what your level of skill might be .. we all are at different places on this journey and we all have different styles and interests. Nobody is right or wrong nor is there such a thing as “perfect”.

And you don’t even have to draw cats. I don’t know why anybody would not but I see that it is somehow possible in others. It’s sad though because their lives would be so much richer if they did but I guess it’s just a personal decision. Sigh. :lol:

Jon

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself to us, Joe! :)

joe1It

Thanks Jon, thanks to all of you for welcome and answers
                        *VMRS, glad you like it (in doing so the explanations with reference and the indications received from Arnoud were really precious).
                        Thank you very much for encouragement and reassurance on posting
                        SparrowHawk7 thanks for the welcome and thank you for the many clarifications and reassurances.
                        *several posts on D & S in fact have informed me or given already various clarifications also reading answers to other users or directions, tutorials (sometimes I thought about writing in some of these or create new post but would have been already asked questions and then I tried then to pay attention to the existing posts (and to do only a million questions off topic in the classroom).
                        Returning to the spot on D & S For example on paper when I wanted to take a new album with sheets a little ‘better, more grain, dese your guide have still clarified a little’ better ideas (by the way I owe you a heartfelt thanks for your tutorial on the card). ditto for pencils.
                        before I had only canson xl, 90 g or I used photocopy cards so I read various discussions about it, at the end 2 months ago I took 200 G / Mq, 20 F Canson and last month for more tantativo Mi teintes Earth tones),
                        In any case it is really nice to find a lot of patience and availability so I thank you and yes, I will take advantage, then for any clarification, doubts, advice that with your answers I feel free to write and especially to post any drawings on D & S, receive cec because in fact I intend to use pencils and charcoal so posting any future drawings there I should not be wrong, I would like to do missing classes and maybe then find a way to practice drawing and practice maybe participate in various posts that refer to the drawing with reference.
                        on D & S so I would also like to post to receive cec that are so precious and I never had before signing up on the site (I found the forum also looking for a place with the hope of finding this, criticism of any kind that I had never posted my attempts), I hoped and hope to improve even in normal times to participate on des challenges, various posts that invite you to draw perhaps with reference.
                        I close by quoting some of the past posts I had noticed
                        Worskshop precisely for the design of the figure, the latest updates were about 9 years ago for this doubts.
                        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590516

I would like to participate, maybe I think I will follow the various indications, maybe shortly alongside classes, however calmly and doing any exercises and then I would like to publish them on D & S (because I would use pencil or coal) maybe opening a post where I can quote this page specifying to which post (I’m 5 links with poses and different aspects on the drawing of the figure), oposa I refer
                        Another post that intrigues me is this that is right on D & S
                        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119052
                        this is still in 2003 but also very nice but there are so many ideas and interesting posts, there are new every day so thank you for everything and sorry for this chatter.

You know I’m sorry that it is not mandatory to draw cats, I would like to find photos of the cat that I had as a child to draw it sooner or later, in general animals and cats are therefore something that I would like to portray sometimes and I think it is also a stop for learn to draw hair, hair, even a good exercise and a lovable subject.

I explain better, One of the things that I would like to learn to draw is the figure, even if I think it’s one of the most useful things unfortunately I have no chance to participate in live drawing sessions (I do not have in the area, years ago for some time I was probably where I could find it but now I do not have the possibility either to take formal lessons, with ateliers or schools, etc.), so I thought to try again even if always from photo, however after improving the basics of the design and if I could get to a discreet level to practice further and improve then I thought to try to learn also the design of animals including cats, are wonderful, (learn by passing better between the various posts and if you need a book that maybe teaches something about the differences between design of people and animals, then musculature etc.)

Bye!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.