Home Forums Explore Media Photography Digital Manipulation Discussions Breadbasket – Male nude montage

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ajed

Hello all,

I found an old breadbasket at the back of an industrial estate and adjacent to it some cracked tarmac. Added an old letter and a clock, I do like the physical representation time. I posed for the figurative image, cut my figure into two images and blended those separately.

Whether it represents anything I’m not sure I just do it and really enjoy the whole process.

Initially I posed this in ‘The Figure’ and will post it in ‘Digital art’ after receiving advice asking which forum should I post in and being advised to try both. May I ask if it should be here?

I have used the WC URL to post this it’s not a separate upload.

This is a very good composition with layers that make this an artistic creation.
        The texture, muted color of the nude, bright goldens in the background and script writing, are all important elements that make this a very interesting image.

Yes, I do think this is an appropriate place if you are looking for reviews of your use of photo editing software. It appears that you selected a good variety of layers and applied them successfully using the correct blending modes and opacity.

Well done, ajed.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

ajed

Thanks L2S nice of you, I would say that using the word ‘correct’ is a bit of a misnomer, Ps is so flexible I wouldn’t want people getting the idea that what I do is correct.

Were I to do this again it would be entirely different I would never be able to recall the steps both forward and backwards that I made to create this.

I began teaching myself how to in a serious fashion about 5 years ago with some very basic knowledge from Catherine McIntyre. She said this is all you need to start with and you will find what you need yourself as you progress.

She was quite right, the best way to learn is to make lots of mistakes, that way what goes in stays there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.