Home Forums Explore Subjects Classical Art Bargue Drawing Course, Ongoing thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 329 total)
  • Author
    rjKing

Here is plate 1 again.

Goals: accuracy in line length, line angles, proportional relationships.. Good line quality

Who is John Galt?
        rjKing

Plate 2..

Same goals as plate one.. plus: creation of line reference framework before committing to contours (angled lines shown for major landmarks and angular references)

Who is John Galt?
            jo_b

Richard- these are wonderful. I wish someone had given me a set of drawings like these 30 years ago when I was anovice to portrature. They are invaluable to anyone learning to draw. Heck they are invaluable to me.. I’ve already saved a copy for myself. Great reference tool. :clap:

Thanks,
                Jodi

rjKing

Thanks! Its a serious investment, but I think it has a serious payoff! 12 hours for plate 2, 12 hours for plate 1.

:)

Who is John Galt?
                    rjKing

Ahh. and for those that missed the other thread.. in both plate 1 and plate 2, first pic is original, following are my copies, graphite 18×24 Bristol Vellum.

Who is John Galt?
                        Jolanta

Richard – great work. I admire you!!!
                            Jolanta

rjKing

Jolanta, thanks!

Who is John Galt?

Get busy Richard!!! I admire your dedication to the Bargue drawings. It will be well worth the effort. Just to let you know, my school has a dayprogram and they are all working on the Bargue drawing or similar projects. Im not enrolled bc the teach (not the one I study with) only comes in once a week for critique.

My take on it is, “I could do that on my own!”. You can do it, I’ll be rooting you on all the way. Stay dedicated, its the best attitude to have beyond the talent I already see in your work.

-vince :clap: :cool: :wave:

Howard Roark laughed.
                                Vincent -[latin]- Conqueror
                                Dy`nam´ic - expressing action rather than a state of being.

rjKing

Get busy Richard!!! I admire your dedication to the Bargue drawings. It will be well worth the effort. Just to let you know, my school has a dayprogram and they are all working on the Bargue drawing or similar projects. Im not enrolled bc the teach (not the one I study with) only comes in once a week for critique.

My take on it is, “I could do that on my own!”. You can do it, I’ll be rooting you on all the way. Stay dedicated, its the best attitude to have beyond the talent I already see in your work.

-vince :clap: :cool: :wave:

Thanks! The next one is coming.. I alternate between a ‘personal’ and a ‘Bargue’.. I’m about 1/2 way through Plate 3 and about 8 hours into my personal.. so the next installment is coming!

Thanks for the cheering section!

Who is John Galt?

Thanks! The next one is coming.. I alternate between a ‘personal’ and a ‘Bargue’.. I’m about 1/2 way through Plate 3 and about 8 hours into my personal.. so the next installment is coming!

Thanks for the cheering section!

I switch up my academic work with pieces I find self-propelling. You keep up the good work, it will make a world of difference in your own personal growth as an artist. Rah Rah! :wave: :music:

Howard Roark laughed.
                                    Vincent -[latin]- Conqueror
                                    Dy`nam´ic - expressing action rather than a state of being.

rjKing

Plate 3, 18×24 Bristol (Vellum), graphite

First is from book, 2nd is my copy.. C&C welcome.

Who is John Galt?
                                        Minoux

Thank you so much Richard for all these wonderful lessons. They are really a help for me. Your work is just grand!

rjKing

Thank you so much Richard for all these wonderful lessons. They are really a help for me. Your work is just grand!

I would encourage you and any other interested parties to participate and if you produce copies of these, post them on this thread.

Who is John Galt?
                                                Biki

Fabulous, Richard.
                                                    I really should do it too. But i do so love to paint.
                                                    I am not having as much fun when i push a pencil around, as when i push paint around.

Perhaps if i keep watching, you will twist my arm. :)

"Art is an act of love in likeness of itself - Spirit moulding matter into lovely form:"

"His act in us for Him."

Francis Brabazon - Australian Poet.

rjKing

Fabulous, Richard.
                                                        I really should do it too. But i do so love to paint.
                                                        I am not having as much fun when i push a pencil around, as when i push paint around.

Perhaps if i keep watching, you will twist my arm. :)

—twists Biki’s arm, but in a very friendly way!—-

Who is John Galt?
                                                      Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 329 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.