Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush Best cheap airbrush for spraying clear acrylic medium

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    contumacious

I need to spray some clear Atelier Fixative medium on various things painted in acrylics. It is almost as thin as water, about like skim milk. My old Badger from the 70s requires too much pressure, 40 psi, for my liking. Is there a gravity feed single or two stage airbrush that would spray something like that evenly at lower pressures?

fedetony

Yes you can spray it… be aware that the mediums dry faster and they can clog your airbrush. Use the biggest nozzle you have available (I use 0.4 for this) and when you fill the feeder don’t fill it full, just a bit and then spray all… Try before starting to apply to your work, it can clog and splatter if pressure-viscosity is not appropriate.

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

hmshood5

You can find these for pretty cheap. They’re “beginners” airbrushes, but they’re super easy to adjust and clean, and great for single-color coats. I have been using mine for years!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

kentiessen

The Paasche VL is a good workhorse- it’s a double action, cup/bottle feed, under $100 and comes with 3 sets of tips from smaller to coarse. Acrylic will run through it at about 30psi

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                    Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.