Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink An Invitation to Beginners in Pen and Ink

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 170 total)
  • Author

First, welcome to the Pen and Ink Forum of WetCanvas!:)

Perhaps you are a beginner or new to drawing and /or to Pen and Ink as a medium?

Perhaps you have been ‘lurking’ for some time and hesitant to share your work?

Maybe you feel slightly anxious after viewing all the excellent work submitted by other members? (ahem!;) ) …… then please don’t be!
    Everyone here in the forum would love to see your work and help if you would like them to!

We invite you to share some of your work here, in this thread, where you will be with others of similar experience (of P&I, of sharing, of WetCanvas!).

Maybe you have a few pieces of work already completed? If you would like to share them, if you would like some help or advice, then please upload them and we’ll do our best!

If you are completely new to WetCanvas, the link below will guide you through the process of using the Uploader .

Uploading an Image to the Forum

If you are completely new to WC! you will need to make a couple of posts first, before being allowed to upload an image (Spam protection!!!:))

Tell us the size of your drawing, the pen(s) you’ve used, the type of paper and any other information which might be of interest – what you like drawing, where you get your inspiration, how long you’ve been working with the medium etc.

If requiring in-depth suggestions, the normal ‘communication’ is to ask for C&C (Comment and Critique) – if you feel you are not yet wanting this then just say where you feel you might need some guidance (if you do!)

We look forward to you posting here and for us to see your drawings!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Hakea laurina

Here is an ink sketch I did of my dog in his last days. Feel free to comment.

Anonymous

That drawing has got a great feeling to it, it’s very strong .
            I reckon it was a good idea to put that watercolour wash in too it only enhaces this drawing.
            Mike

Jackie

Great drawing of Biko. He looks to be a golden or lab you have captured perfectly.
                Jackie

Jackie

White Pen

Hi@All

Welcome Hakea laurina.

Nice sketch on the Biko boy.

Good idea to foliage the ink sketch with a yellow wash.

Hope we see more.

Cheers W.P.

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Welcome Hakea laurina!
                    I like the expressive drawing of your dog, the pose is pretty good, you’ve noticed how his head/jaw drops over the table/bed . the suggestion of short hair around neck and shoulder is good ….. definitely looks like a lab!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

FreckleFace

A gorgeous picture – looks like he was a gentle dog. This picture is a lovely memory for you, painful though if you knew he was near the end. :-(

I am new to pen and ink. I have been a member of WC for a LONG time, but took a long break from drawing… but now I’m back and loving it so much! I’m loving the friendly atmosphere and helpful advice on this forum too.

Well Freckles – do post some of your work! here, or in your own thread (as you’ve been a member a l-o-n-g time!:lol:) – post wherever you wish:)

Cheers, Maureen

honeygram

Do you have to post three replies to each forum you wish to upload a picture to? I was able to participate in a watercolor challenge in September, but had a bit of trouble with October’s challenge. Just curious.

No, you are already qualified to post images in any forum (you have 11 posts so far):)

You shouldn’t have had any problems (unless the Uploader was having an off-day!!!) but if you can remember what you did and what response you got when trying to post, please send me a private message and I’ll try to help.:)

Cheers, Maureen

White Pen

Hi@All

i´m not quite a beginner , but to give do this positive post a little boost in this thread

one of my start Pen & Ink …:wink2: Things äh.. Apricot Dumpling..

Cheers W.P.

Ps.: Don´t be shy , scan your work and show it. We love to see now P + I things…all quality’s welcomed :)

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

W.P. said –

Ps.: Don´t be shy , scan your work and show it. We love to see now P + I things…all quality’s welcomed

absolutely!:)

Thanks for posting an early piece WP :thumbsup:

Cheers, Maureen

indraneel

I like the old biko boy! The proportions are good, and the mood comes through!

Also the apricot wash!

hoylander

Hello, this is a pen drawing in the style of Claudia Nice. I love pen and ink but I suppose I lack confidence, so welcome this thread for newbys! I’m mainly in the watercolour gallery but I do look in P/I though I don’t feel qualified to comment, there are such lovely drawings. Thanks for looking and C/C very welcome!

Joan :wave:

Welcome here Joan and thank you for posting:)
                                        You have as much right as anyone else to offer comments:)
                                        Your drawing is clean, shapes are well observed and there’s some very nice pen work.

A little crit – I feel as these are two separate drawings rather that one composition (I hope they are!):) as the buildings appear to be on the same level but hugely different proportions!!
                                        I really like that broken-down hut!

Cheers, Maureen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 170 total)
                                      • The topic ‘An Invitation to Beginners in Pen and Ink’ is closed to new replies.