Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge #74, Coils, Curves and Helices, 526-64, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination.

Topic : Coils, Curves and Helixes

Thanks Dave (droll13) for providing us with this topic

Here is Dave’s message to me: how about coils, curves and/or helices? Maybe there is a better description for what I’m thinking, because I envision shots showing the curving patterns nature creates based on the Fibonacci seriess (like the central part of a sunflower blossom), watch springs, maybe a heavy-duty spring found on a garage door, the curling tendrils of some plants that attach themselves to upright bamboo stakes, a coiled garden hose, a snake coiled and ready to strike, the curling pattern of shells, very curly hair, etc.

I didn’t want this excellent example to go to waste (photo by Don Williams)

Please read the guidelines before posting.

This topic will end: June 11, 2019

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause .
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

peterfg

An interesting topic. I have plenty of examples. Here’s a bannister rail, at St. Paul’s Cathedral, in London.

That’s a great start, Peter. I can’t think of any examples that I have.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

Fun topic!

maryinasia

these are beautiful

maryinasia

peterfg

Detail of a spiral staircase in Lisbon

maryinasia

gorgeous

Peter, I don’t quite see it (the staircase) but that is a remarkable design.
                            Once again. I am enjoying your black and white conversion.

And Mary, you found a springy type thingy. Good eye.

Don

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                                Immortalized forever
                                With silver and light"

maryinasia

Gorgeous

Humburger

Taken with my phone, this morning, while sipping my tea and struggling with the thought of starting my day.

It is a thingy that you use to hold cords on things with. It never stays totally wrapped. LOL!

Ginny
                                        www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                        C & C Welcome

peterfg

Staircase at the Tate Modern, London

Dreamin

It’s what’s for dinner!!:wink2: :wink2:

Natalie

maryinasia

fun variety!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.