Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Humburger

Okay :clear: I thought I would start the daily, today, although I feel like a kindergartener taking over the class while the teacher’s back is turned. LOL!

As I was making breakfast, this morning, I thought it looked rather nice. The photo does not do it justice, but I tried…

Ginny
        www.virginiacmccoy.com
        C & C Welcome

Anonymous

Thanks for stating a Daily for us, Ginny. That’s a fine food prep shot. Looks like you have a very nice, sunny kitchen.

Daughter Lisa is really enjoying her stay in France: it’s a vacation for her, a working trip for her husband. She’s staying in Paris and has taken advantage of the fine European train system for day trips: Montmarte, La Caserne, Mont Saint Michel, Bayeaux, Normandy. She has uploaded 100s of photos already; I’ll see if I have her OK to share a couple here.

The World Cup has been interesting so far as we near the end of Round 1 of Group Play. Some surprises, some upsets, some very good soccer and some very ugly soccer. As I mentioned a few days ago, this World Cup features the strongest, most talented field of teams ever.

Gotta run for now, but I’ll leave you with this shot of a pink snapdragon…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm @ 8mm, manual mode, 1/800 sec, f/9, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

Greenhill

Ginny, do you mean to say that by starting the Daily that you also feel like Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer’s apprentice in Disney’s Fantasia? If so, the be careful, you may not be able to stop posting pictures! :D

Your breakfast looks very appetising, healthy and delicious to me.

Here is a picture taken yesterday at the Railway Heritage Centre. this image is additional to the presentation just posted.

Dave, sorry I forgot to compliment you on your floral, is it Foxglove? ( I need to go back to bed!) :music:

MY FLICKR
                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Ginny, I think its a primo shot, good enough for a magazine. You did a nice job of composing the elements and I like the lighting coming from the back. That’s a good effect. Thanks for starting the daily with such a healthy delicious looking dish, breakfast you say?

Dave,
                Pretty Snap dragons. I have to make their mouths open and close whenever I see them.

Mark,
                I need to do a little research and find out the name origins of the towns near you. I love how they sound, Wangaratta, Katamatite, Nurmurkah, …

Went to the movies this morning with my neighbor. We saw Rocket Man. If you like Elton John’s music and musicals, you will love this production. Good flick, worth seeing on the big screen if possible.

Time to go watch USA’s women soccer first game in the world cup. Talk later.
                LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Lorell, the names of the towns are Australian Aboriginal, long before white settlers invaded their lands.

Another from the Heritage shoot.

M1.2 + 8mm F1.8, 8mm fisheye, creates a new, ‘slightly outside the box’, architecural style!

MY FLICKR

Your perspective make it look like a Mighty Powerful Machine. Good capture, Mark. I would love to hear those horns blow. Isn’t it interesting that there are three horns mounted in the front?

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Thanks Lorell, if I remember correctly the administrator told me that this locomotive is powered by a 1,000hp diesel engine. The three horns produce the familiar ear-piercing note that lets us know that a train is coming!

MY FLICKR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.