Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Dreich day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhere

I came across and experiment I did months ago with texture paste, just a very beginning of a painting.

So decided to work on it using inks and then a bit of coloured pencil. It’s a view I know well and have painted in all weathers, times of day and tides so it left me free just to experiment from memories. I moved the rocky reef offshore to the right to make a better composition ……. well, if Constable can move churches in a view I can move rocks :angel:

The offcuts piece I showed was made from the sides I cropped from this.

I wanted to keep it to a very muted palette.

A rainy day with the waves coming over the harbour wall – what the Scots call dreich. A really descriptive word for that kind of day.

Dreich: A combination of dull, overcast, drizzly, cold, misty and miserable weather. At least 4 of the above adjectives must apply before the weather is truly dreich. and they did apply on the day I was remembering

Acrylic inks, a little coloured pencil on Khadi paper (which I don’t like) with underlying texture paste. I think I mixed sand with the texture paste.

There are things I would like to change but with the texture paste it would mean getting the sandpaper out.

or crop? cut out some of the overworking? I think maybe not when I see them together.

what do you think?

Amazing collection of media plus interesting technique makes this one rock in the dreary weather. I do like the first uncropped version best.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

vhere

yes I think I do Kay

I added more spray

leaving it alone now

I really like the textures in this work. Very interesting.

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

ronsu18

the darker foreground completed everything, and brought even more water qualities to play. sign&frame!

C&C welcome

vhere

thanks :) it is framed and went into a show of a group I belong to – no sale but really I’m not ready to let it go yet :) it’s going up on my wall for a while

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.