Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink P&I Monthly Challenge – September

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our STILL NEW? monthly challenge – for SEPTEMBER!

Many apologies for the lateness of this thread – I’ve been away! :)

We’re continuing our Drawing from Life challenge in Pen and Ink and hope many will join us!

DRAWING FROM LIFE (when it is at all possible)…Why? …..because we learn better from studying actual scenes, people and objects rather than looking at flat, 2D images.

Drawing from Life is –

1. More challenging! – well, ‘monthly challenge’ IS the name of this thread.
    2. More educational – undoubtedly the vital artistic skills of close observation, selecting which important features of the subject to emphasise, choosing the best angle from which to view etc. are all keenly honed through the process of life drawing in a way that is not possible with a photo.
    3. It’s FUN – you never quite know how it will turn out! Drawing should always be an exciting journey of exploration and discovery!

Someone once wrote – “Photography freezes the moment whilst drawing captures the moment”
    Let’s capture our own personal and individual moments and share them here on this thread!

*********NOW – here’s where you do your part – as well as your drawing, of course!
    As you post your own drawing in this thread, please then also suggest ONE subject/topic for next month. One entry = One suggestion for September …. another entry? – another suggestion!:)
    By the end of the month we should have a range of ideas from which you can choose – and please do feel free to discuss any of the suggestions raised: who knows, you may even start keeping your own private list for future ideas!***********

One important ruleEntries must be at least 75% pen and ink[/SIZE] in any colour – and wash or colour may be added.[/COLOR]

Your suggestions for September:

something green.

building

liquid

a small comic strip

plumbing fixture

Pushchair or pram

Pet or other animal

trees and autumn leaves

Musical instrument[/COLOR]

Pens at the ready? ……. Ink close by? ………. Ready, steady, ………… GO!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

artastic

trees and autumn leaves with my two favorite characters, Manny(quin) and Harley(quin)
        I caught them dancing

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

How cute Bonnie!….. answers a few of the topics! Nice work… amd never thought to give my ‘manny….’ a name!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

I just call mine Dummy! You don’t know want to know what he calls me….

I love the dancing quins, that’s so charming and whimsical!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

LoganArt

Mine wasn’t still very long! After that I was drawing from memory.

My dog Cricket, on 9×12 pad but more like 5×9. Drawn with prismacolor pen and Pitt medium size pen.

Suggestion for October: a tool or group of tools.

C&C always welcome
            Anonymous

I like the way you have subtly varied the tones in & around the eyes, it has worked most effectively to capture the intensity of his gaze.
                Mike

Blah

Bonnie… lot of movement in your sketch and I like the way you have framed it.

Logan… nice expression on Cricket’s face!

My sketch is of a building interior. It is the waiting room at a dentist’s that I visited yesterday

Tanya – good drawing of Cricket and his ‘dogitude’ expression! He’s definitely growing impatient with the posing!!! Nice variety of marks for all the textures.

Blah – hope the waiting wasn’t too stressful – or the treatment!!

I like this sketch of the building interior – very assured drawing!

Cheers, Maureen

Blah

Thank you Maureen. No the waiting wasn’t stressful (I was happily sketching away), nor the treatment since my mother was the patient. :)

My apologies for missing out on a suggestion for next month. I suggest: Any type of vehicle.

rosta

Bonnie – I love the movement in your sketch
                            Logan – Wow! That is a lovely sketch, you’ve captured his expression
                            Blah – great perspective and I love the figures.

Here’s the musical instrument. I hope I can play my guitar better than I’ve drawn it. :(

Drawn in Seawhite A4 sketchbook using UniPin 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0

Ron

C & C always welcome

rosta

PS forgot to say – my suggestion for October is a phone (or mobile)

Ron

C & C always welcome

Suggestion for October:

a tool or group of tools.

Any type of vehicle.

a phone (or mobile)

a favorite beverage

Cheers, Maureen

Ron – I think the guitar parts are pretty good drawings! – you’ve done well with the perspective of the body of the instrument.

I do hope it isn’t really in bits!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

Cheers, Maureen

artastic

ron, the guitar parts are fabulous
                                    blah, great urban sketch
                                    logan, sweet drawing of cricket

forgot my suggestion for next month (I am going to do some more drawings too)
                                    suggestion a favorite beverage

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Blah

Ron, Bonnie…Thank you.
                                        Ron…Very nice sketch of the guitar, and I like the unusual angle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.