Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum Artisan WMO & Liquin Original

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RaphaelG1

Does anyone have experience using Liquin with WMOs??
        Is soap and water cleanup still possible??

Thanks,

Ralph
        "Oh what dust we raise" said the fly upon the chariot wheel

Don Ketchek

Soap and water cleanup is possible with traditional oils as well as WMOs. Many “solvent free” painters don’t use solvents to clean. My guess is that the only problem you may have when using any traditional oil medium is if you try to mix water and the medium while you are painting, but not sure about that.

Don

RaphaelG1

Thanks for getting back to me, Don.
                I was under the impression that we need turps for cleanup with traditional oils and I might need turps after using Liquin with my WMOs.
                Happy to hear I don’t.
                Thanks again.

Ralph

Anonymous

Does anyone have experience using Liquin with WMOs??
                    Is soap and water cleanup still possible??

Thanks,

Yes, and yes. I don’t use the water mixable solvents or mediums (including liquin) but use regular mediums with WMO’s and they still clean easily.

Anonymous

I just read that again and realize that I said it wrong, here is what I meant to say:

I don’t use the water mixable solvents or mediums, but use regular mediums, including liquin, with WMO’s and they still clean easily.

I tried the WM mediums but didn’t like the cloudy mixes I would get sometimes, so I tried using regular mediums and they still work fine and clean up easily and so I just like them better. For the ratios of medium to paints that I use, which isn’t a lot, there seems to be enough water mixability imparted by just the paints themselves.

RaphaelG1

Thanks, everyone. I am now using Liquin frequently. I think it mixes very nicely with WMOs and soap and water cleanup is still and easy chore.

Ralph

DECiNERGY

As Tip:

• Cobra PaintingMedium 91 is nearly like Liquin …
                                -> BUT is a ‘complete’ WMO-‘thing’ ;-)

http://www.talens.com/brands/cobra/auxiliaries/cobra-mediums/cobra-painting-medium-091/

EXPRESSIVER REALISMUS
                                • DECiNERGY -> http://www.decinergy.at & YouTUBE - [ ]

[FONT="Courier New"][ ExplanationVideo about ExpressiverRealismus ] - Painting from André KRIGAR

laika

Liquin contains petroleum solvent, though, so if you’re trying to be solvent free…

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                                    - Otto Rank

Alru70

Has anyone used liquid mask on oil? I want to keep my center subject clean to paint after doing the background. Used this with my water colors, but being new to oils, am not sure.

RaphaelG1

As Tip:

• Cobra PaintingMedium 91 is nearly like Liquin …
                                            -> BUT is a ‘complete’ WMO-‘thing’ ;-)

[URL]http://www.talens.com/brands/cobra/auxiliaries/cobra-mediums/cobra-painting-medium-091/[/URL]

Thanks, DECiNERGY, I might give it a try.

Ralph

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.