Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    paulb

Hi all,

I’ve recently drifted into uv painting and having fun with it and I’m now starting to try some murals. First attempts have been promising, but my lines are way too thin and look very amatureish and inconsistent. It looks a bit like the wake of a speedboat: most of the paint has gone to both sides of the line with a much thinner, almost transparent line in the middle.

I’ve tried shaking it, theickening it (or trying to!) and various different brushes, but the effect still stays the same and have come to the conclusion that it’s the paint (I use two – Amsterdam and Virtual Bliss – the scond of which was a relatively cheap buy, in fairness!)

Can anyone recommend a good quality thick uv paint? Preferably in Europe. Or any tips as to why this is happening if it’s not the paint?

Thanks in advance!

Paul.

http://bradshawxxiii.deviantart.com (Contains non-sexual nudity)

That sounds amazing. I’d love to see what you’re doing.

I don’t know anything about UV paint, I have used Amsterdam acrylics and wasn’t that impressed with them. If UV paint is like other mediums, there may a student grade and an artist grade. You may want to get the best quality you can afford.

I would think you’d need a fairly heavy bodied paint. You may want to check review of paints available online in your area or if you can request samples to try them out for yourself.

I also wonder too if the undercoat matters with UV paint. I’m sorry to say I just don’t know though.

This is a pretty quiet forum but hopefully someone who may know sees this and helps out.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

Mike L

Another late-to-the-party post, but have you looked on Amazon in your country? Amazon.com (US) has uv paints as do Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de .

Practice religion freely and freedom religiously.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.