WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Artist Marketplace > Partner: Artspan - Web Design & Hosting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2007, 07:00 PM

Search engine optimization

Hi, I've just got my website up and running and getting the website seen is now the battle. However when I search on Google (my main search engine) for art or sculpture Artspan are not coming up in the first three pages and most like me, I would assume, would not look that much further, so how are you increasing your search engine visibility?

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-22-2007, 07:23 PM

Re: Search engine optimization

you got that title right. Well, that's every good site's owner's little secret, that they are normally unwilling to share.

For the basics, you have 2 main types of SEO

Onsite SEO
Off site SEO
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Smile Re: Search engine optimization

1. Sign up for google/analytics.
They will track the traffic on your webpage so you can see who is looking at your website, for how long , from where..and by which keywords, and so on.
You can learn a lot from those reports on what you need to improve on your website.
2. Add meta- tags to your html with the relevant keywords, that will help the search engines to find you .
3. Post on lots of forums(haha) , that will create more traffic for you, thus you will be more valuable for google and will be getting higher in ranks.

--
http://www.krasik.net
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Online Product Manager

Hails from United States

There are some sites out there which share some very helpful info about SEO too. SEOmoz.org is very good & most importantly, a very trustworthy resource of "White Hat" SEO tactics.

(You have to be careful not to do things that Google & the others will actually blacklist you for! Those are techniques that fall under "Black Hat" SEO. If Google & the others catch on when people are doing Black Hat SEO, they totally remove that website from their search index...)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Xiamen

Hails from China

I think google analystic is a real good tool . Espescailly good for me to choose the right keyword to advise on the google ADS
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM

Getting your site to be visible in SE searches is a very long and tedious work.
In the nutshell you need to have many links to your web site from other pages - very long and tedious work. Some companies would do this work for you, but I'm assuming this is not cheap. Beware of sites that offer to get you on the first page of Google instantly and for a modest fee - this is scam.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Search optimization is the best way to increase traffic on the website and get quality backlink.There are many different type of search engines are available on the internet like Google,yahoo,bing.Mostly people like to search on search engines and it help to generate traffic on the website.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-25-2013, 05:20 PM

Well, i do think wetcanvas and their partners like artspan have done a lot as far as SEO is concerned. And with Google focusing on quality content over insane backlinking, it only gets better.