WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:22 AM
A Local Legend

Re: Quick Dry Cafe - March 2017

now that we are such good friends , please call me 'blue...everyone else does...besides other unmentionables!
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Nova Scotia

Hails from Canada

Wil do blue. Now to put down that coffee cup and start the day!
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2017, 10:19 AM
A Local Legend

O.K.....get your 'colors' out and start to paint....
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2017, 10:44 AM
North East England.

Hails from England

*sigh* - just when another Brit joins us you try to 'correct' her blue - ah well, I'll persevere regardless!!!

The sun was shining yesterday so after lunch with friends I ventured down into our back garden ...... discovered very pretty primulas blooming behind the shed, still in the pots I'd dumped them in at the end of last year, so must plant them out ....... and ....... also in the shade, a wooden tub of glorious mini daffs which I'd forgotten about - they're now in the sun! They look very like Cliff's!
No sun today but it's OK .... spent the morning sorting out the 'phone, broadband and tv account to put it into my name and alter the package ..... who'da thunked it would take so long eh? ..... seemed very complicated and the tvs and computer/modem all had to be shut down then re-figured (by the company, remotely) but with me going to three rooms to check everything was working ..... fortunately, it is!
I think I can now see light at the end of the Administrative tunnel!

Maybe I'll even start feeling like painting again - keep prodding me blue!

Patti - sounds like Florida's orange juice will be going up in price!

On my walk to the post-box saw what looks like a cherry tree in blossom - but it's much too early! Must take the camera next time

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
Texas

Hails from United States

One of the trees in my back yard has a mist of green around it, budding out. Spring is on the way, say the daft and fearless robins

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-10-2017, 01:04 PM
A Local Legend

I'm looking out at a 'spring' snow storm...they are so good at forecasting....they said a light dusting maybe on the grass, but just changed to 2-4" everywhere ...with a major coastal storm anticipated for Monday evening into Wed morning...we shall see...and the landscapers were here yesterday applying mulch around the trees and fertilizer on the lawn...

now Maureen, get out your 'colors' and try painting a little...something like 30"x40", just to get a feel for it again...
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada

What a lot of fuss with the electronic gadgets, Maureen. It will be nice to get that all sorted.

Eila I have been twice to Nova Scotia and I just love it there. It is so beautiful. Some of mother-in-law's family came from Halifax/Dartmouth.

We have friends visiting from Vancouver staying over but they are still asleep. DW fed them a grand dinner last night of roasted lamb in pomegranate sauce, roasted vegetables and a grain called freekeh or something. With Middle Eastern spices. It was delicious.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 11:40 AM
A Local Legend

wow Colin, that dinner sounds delicious....sure beats my pasta with jar Vodka sauce.....

and Nova Scotia sounds lovely...in my travels, I never got up there...maybe Eila will have us all for 'tea'.....

and we can all see the 'colors' she paints with...
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Texas

Hails from United States

I don't make enough lamb, so that sounds great. Last night I did make beef pot roast with mushrooms and new potatoes with a red wine reduction for my gf and her annoying young cousin, who has been in her hair for Spring Break. I decorated the table with a branch of a flowering shrub from my neighbor's back yard that was overhanging mine. :halo:

#70   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:09 PM
Immortalized
Buckeye living with the Gators

Hails from United States

Talking about oranges made me go check out my two tiny trees. One has nothing on it and the other one is loaded with teeny tiny little green orange starts. So small that I almost missed them. Woohoo, maybe it will produce fruit this year.

Spent the last couple days cleaning up after a poopy puppy and cooking chicken and rice for her bland diet. She seems better tonight... hopefully.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:35 PM
A Local Legend

O'boy!...we know where to come for 'fresh squeezed orange juice'....

that's wonderful PattiLou..hope that tree bears delicious fruit for you...

Last edited by bluefish : 03-11-2017 at 08:10 PM.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:47 PM
WC! Guide
the state of confusion, Florida...

Hails from United States

Lamb & I have a strained relationship. I like it in gyros meat but that is about it. I must admit, I have never had it prepared well. That could make a difference.
"The thing about art is that life is in no danger of being meaningless," Robert Genn
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2017, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member
Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by idylbrush
Lamb & I have a strained relationship. I like it in gyros meat but that is about it. I must admit, I have never had it prepared well. That could make a difference.
Have rack of lamb roasted, with garlic-rosemary sauce. http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/g...oast-rack-lamb is close to my recipe. Sorry, running late this AM

#74   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Victoria, Vancouver Island

Hails from Canada

We don't eat a lot of lamb, but have a couple of go-to ideas. Lamb chops on the grill are delicious if not overcooked. Garlic and rosemary are very good with lamb. The dish DW made for our friends was inspired by a wonderful meal she had when we went out for dinner one night to a local bistro. She was determined to figure out how to make something similar. She is like that, and has taught herself a lot of interesting ways to cook over the years.

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library
  #75   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-12-2017, 03:37 PM
A Local Legend

NYC is under a 'blizzard alert' for Tues into Wed...expect 12-18" of snow with gale force winds......even down here @ the beach they are saying 6" or more with severe beach erosion and gale winds...and my cherry tree was in full bloom last week...it looks dead now....