WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2014, 11:37 AM

Hails from United States
Can I use a photo of your work?

So I'm working on some Powerpoint presentations for a high school art class about Careers in Art. My goal is to expose students to various careers that benefit from a background in art and introduce artists who have found their niche. For example, one is Art & Food and includes cake decorating, culinary artist, food stylist, and graphic designer (of food packaging) with artists Carl Jones (Fruit Carver), Carl Warner (Foodscape Photographer), Kathleen Olsen (Dessert Table Designer), and Gerhard Petzl (Chocolatier).

But here's where I make things complicated for myself: I also upload the work to TeachersPayTeachers.com, where teachers post curriculum for other teachers to buy. This means I need permission before including any copyrighted material. Any artist or picture that I want to include, I have to email and get permission.

I'd like to do a presentation involving glass art and have sent an email to Dale Chihuly, but I'm wondering if some of you here can help with part of it. Do you have photos of your work or process that I can include? I'll give credit to you, your website if you have one, and anything else that you deem appropriate.

Thanks so much for considering this! Here are more specifics on what I'm looking for:

Art Career Slides: Photos of making glass beads and glass blowing; other glass processes or finished products (glass beads and glass blowing is currently the limit of my glass knowledge).

Niche Artist Slides: If you make any kind of income from your work, I can include you as a niche artist. For these, I need a photo or 2 of your work and a few statements, such as how you got started in glass, your process, and any fun facts about you or your work that might inspire these students.

Thanks again!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 AM
A Local Legend
Spring, Tx US

Hails from United States
Re: Can I use a photo of your work?

That's a wonderful project. Unfortunately, I'm not up to par on my photo or computer skills, so if you can get the attention of some lampworkers that have a more professional basis, that would be your best bet. The glassblowing that Chihuly does is different that lampworking, which you may already know.
Best of luck in your venture.
ginger