WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Color Theory and Mixing
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2005, 02:14 PM
A WC! Legend
the "Shallow South"

Re: Colorful Conversations April 11 - April 17, 2005

Rui! How lovely that you stopped by! Glad you had good weather and were able to paint; I see some color(!!!) in the Bryce Canyon painting, too.

I just popped in quickly, and have to return to my typing on the offline PC in a few minutes.

#77   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2005, 03:34 PM
A WC! Legend
Gainesville, Fl USA

Hails from United States

Happy Birthday Blu.
Love,
Linda

#78   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast
Spokane, Washington

Hails from United States

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLU!!!!

Sorry you are still feeling under the weather, but this too shall pass. I hope you have beautiful weather for your trip by time you are ready to go.

Mitzi---You are one busy gal. I would rather stretch 1000 canvasses than write one artist's statement. It sounds like you really have the ball rolling.

My dad is pretty much back to normal now, just talked to him today and he sounded good.

Lori---Nothing like a few new books to give one a bit of inspiration. I think every now and then we all need a bit of rest from whatever we are primarily occupied with.

Barb---Nice score on the cookbook. When are we all invited to dinner?

You do such a good job on those MOM paintings. I'm sure this new one will be no exception.

Carol---Good to hear that you are getting paid in a timely fashion. Not sure what made me think otherwise.

Sounds like your abstract is coming along well.

Rui---WOW!!! That's the first I have seen of the canyon painting. It's really looking great. The sense of depth is very convincing. I bet it won't take you as long as you had thought it would.

Well, this is my weekend to work, so nothing much new to report. Will probably make a few trips from the basement to the garage to clear out some more stuff. Have to have a garage sale when the weather turns more pleasant. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Dan

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters."

Norman Maclean
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2005, 04:01 PM
A Local Legend
Chicago , the "Windy City"

Hails from United States

Blumoon - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Since you already brought a birthday cake, I thought that I would bring an ice cream cake! All of the cake looks so delicious!

I glad to hear that you are feeling better! Hopefully, you will be able to do something a little bit nice for your birthday! How are the kitties doing?

Rui - It is so nice to hear from you on a Sunday! And it is great to know that you got a chance to paint!

Bryce Canyon is really looking great! The rock formations are really starting to take form! It is really going along nicely!

Carol - It’s good to see you! Thanks for stopping in!
Attached Images

Last edited by bjs0704 : 04-17-2005 at 04:09 PM.
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2005, 09:20 PM
A Local Legend
Gainesville, MO

Hails from United States

DID SOMEBODY MENTION CAKE????

Happy Birthday to Blu
Happy Birthday to Blu
Happy Birthday, dear Blumooooooon
Happy Birthday to you!

Hi folks! I'm still alive, but buried in Stuff. Taxes, office work, daughter's wedding in a week, construction going on as we get a room built onto the back of the house.. and always.. painting painting painting. I'm trying not to hang out online so much. It's so easy to kill hours and hours just playing! But I'm still alive and well, and hope you guys are all good. I peeked at your WIP, Rui, and it's looking amazing!

Gotta scoot... it's dinnertime and I have a hungry husband looking hopefully at me.

Helen
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
A Local Legend
Chicago , the "Windy City"

Hails from United States

Dan - It’s good to know that your dad is doing well!

Of course, you and all of the other Colorful Conversation people are always welcome over!

Good luck with organizing your woodshop, and your garage sale!

I’m still doing my own “episode” of “This Old House! We are starting to fix up some of the things that we couldn’t last winter.

Thanks for the encouragement on the MOM! Rembrandt is a tricky one! I also think that he is really using the transparency of his oil paints!

Helen - It is great to hear from you! How’s your daughters wedding plans going? (When, is it again?) It is good to hear that you are busy painting. Good luck getting your tax stuff and office work done!

Barb Solomon
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 AM
A WC! Legend
the "Shallow South"

Well, looks like we should just have cake more often! That seems to attract everyone. (Hi, Helen! Good luck with the tight schedules this week!)

I posted an update of my Easter abstract in my usual hidden corner:
http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost...29&postcount=5

Unfortunately did not get groceries this weekend. But, now scheduled to shop Wednesday afternoon. Ate the last potato today, but I still have pasta, dried bean/lentils, olive oil, onions... I'm sure I'll come up with something. And, after all, I still have chocolate chips, so it's not as I'm deprived of the most critical food group!

I didn't get to Meeting for Worship today, but did call to relay a message at announcements. So, a couple f/Friends will get me to (and drive me home from) the ESC Tuesday morning. I'm dreading being up 3 hours, without being able to lie down. But I'll have with me the pillows I usually use to lie in the backseat of cars; when the pain becomes unbearable, I'll just put the pillow on the floor and sort of kneel on it. I don't care if some security guard tells me I have to sit or stand -- I'm pretty sure they're not actually allowed to torture me.

Had a productive day (typing tables ), but never heard from the student. Poor guy, must be swamped!

So, I see it's actually quarter after midnight here. Maybe I should start a new thread and save Rui the trouble. But then again, Blu and Dan might want to post here (where the cakes are!).

Hi, Rui!

#83   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Enthusiast
Newfoundland

Hails from Canada

Poped in before I go off to bed. Glad I did.

Blu!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Helen: Oh my...I totally forgot about the wedding. You must be very excited!! I sure would be!! I doooo, dooooo, doooo hope they have good weather and all goes well. You do sound so very busy. Much like myself. I have ton of things to do already for this week. I do hope I'm not called in to work.

Carol: Hang in there. Sounds like you have thing under control in the food department. I can't imagine letting chocolate chips go so long in the cupboard. They wouldn't last a week at my house... Had a look at your work. Good going. I think the birds needs some other color with them to give them more definition and interest even if it's just a slight suggestion of a color.

Rui: Looks like you really spent some time on that painting of yours. It's going really well. I know what it's like to do such a detailed piece. It can drive you a little batty.

Linda: Did you do that lovely drawing of the cake. Very cool!!

Where did I see that ice cream cake. Home made...wow..lots of M&M's there. Some nice hot summers day we should all trade ice cream stories. I'll try to remember that this summer.

Good night all...sweet dreams..be good..be safe. Talk to you all tomorrow.
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Lord of the Arts
Calgary AB

Hails from Canada

Good morning good morning. It's a new week, time to bring your coffee over to the new thread.

This Week

"Art is an outsider, a gypsy over the face of the earth." ~Robert Henri