WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Archives
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-04-2017, 04:19 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Re: The Goal Post - August 2017

Robert, you know we are all image junkies so we need to see the scrolls and I was under the impression that the states had had a cold season. Has it been really hot then?

Hiya Karen, and yes it's congrats to husby on getting to retirement - and get some of that dosh that the retirement fund has been hoarding for you .
One needs something to do that isn't too physical but keeps you active IYSWIM (if you see what I mean).

Good to see you post again Judi. Face ache? That is where they have all gone is it? Where ever I go I see an invite to face ache or twitter. I did not like the conditions one signs up to and also was warned by other oldies who like to talk to their grand children that the youngsters talk such dribble . I do believe that SWMBO ventured a toe in the water but quickly realised it wasn't for her in fact it is so not her . Never mind, no harm done, but I'll stick to here for now.

I have no art goals ATM (at the moment) but will get back to it gently gently, as in catchee monkey . I will have to complete the garage insulation and then get the art gear (the messy side at least) into there and only then will I be ready with some goals. We go on holls at the end of the month, big sis (elder sister by 18 months) will travel 300 odd miles by train to join us. I hope to get plenty of photo's as art inspiration.

Doug. Where are you?
Jim
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

Hoping you get your garage insulation done, Jim....Where are you going for your holiday? August was my 'month off', but it rained a lot. And now the hurricanes have begun. Oh well....gotta go with the flow...

I'm in touch with Doug on Facebook....I will let him know you are back at W/C.
I really do want to get painting again....but it just hasn't happened yet...

Don't know where Rob is....he didn't post the Sept. GoalPost....hope he's ok.

C&C always welcomed and appreciated
JudiB
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2017, 02:12 PM

Hiya Judi and Karen. Yes Robert seems to be otherwise engaged. Doug knows where abouts we are but perhaps he'll be looking for a September Goalpost, that's assuming he comes looking. He may get more critiques on FB. A progressive artist may prefer that environment.

I do not remember where we left off with the insulation. One of my sons has been mainly doing it for me (helped/hindered by me). We got the end of the garage done, he did all the measuring around the small door and window and it was spot on. Since then I have managed the first panel on the floor. 25mm hardwood ply, and then got the heavy bench back in its corner. I also took the legs off the model railway base board that I made as it will give the roller door fitters more room to manoeuvre on Thursday afternoon.
Then it'll be time to get the rest of the floor done and the ceiling. Phew what a mammoth task it has been!
Oh there was a couple of other things I had to fit in. An ear inspection, syringe and yet to come an adjustment of my hearing aids.
Oh not to forget the pharmaceutcal needs of SWMBO, usual that is.
Then get the easels up and start sketching/painting.
Since most of us love images I have taken a few of our work so far - even though the garage is full of stuff. I have taken one of each side of the old door to remind me of what it was like.
Attached Images

#19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2017, 05:01 PM

Hi Judi, just skipped over the post again and realised you asked about holidays. I hope you are no where near the hurricane route - devastating to say the least.
We are off to stay at Medley Court at Hever Castle for a week. Helen's brother and his wife and my next older sister is joining us. We are pushing the boat out a bit as it's our 25th wedding annivesary and my 75th birthday celebrations. Well it was a few months ago but the kiddies were on holls then and we avoid that if possible.

I pray that there is not too much devastation with the hurricanes over there .
Jim
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

Love your pictures, Jim! Lookin' Goood!
Doug recently finished doing-over his 'studio'....so he has been occupied there...

I am in New England, but my son has property near Tampa, so we are all on edge waiting to see what happens with the hurricane.

Needless to say...no art work done yet.....maybe tomorrow...?

C&C always welcomed and appreciated
JudiB
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judibelle
my son has property near Tampa, so we are all on edge waiting to see what happens with the hurricane.
Let us hope and pray that the hurricane loses its strength when it hits landfall for everyone's sake .
Jim.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2017, 12:50 PM

Hi everyone (echo (hi everyone ) echo dies away).

Yes Judi, I saw that the hurricane petered down to a storm as it reached inland.

The insulated roller garage door was fitted this afternoon and it does a fine job. I have attached a photo so that you can see the difference.

We have one of my sons visiting with his family next weekend on a Sunday then the following Tuesday week (the 26th) we go on holls.
Jim.

Attached Images

#23   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2017, 07:45 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Wow, big difference, Jim! Love what you've done with the garage. That's been a labor of love. So glad you're getting set up to paint in it!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-17-2017, 04:27 AM

Thanks Robert. Almost there. I have done the first floor panel and got the batoning down for the second panel in between showers yesterday. My tall lad comes down next Sunday to help with the floor/ceiling before he goes to Turkey for 7 weeks and I go to holls for a week. I laid it all on the grass to envisage the space it takes. I have got two DCC freight sets to start off with. They each come with two loco's, a steamer and a diesel shunter and enough track for two ovals.
jim.
Attached Images