Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE Nov 29 – Just Apples

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dupliKate

I stopped at exactly 2 hours, which was probably a good thing. I have been known to keep working on things until I work them into the garbage bin.:) Not quite sure where I was headed with the background.

This is oil on art board 9 x 12 inches.

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

ronsu18

very pure image, all lines, edges, masses grow in tension while looking.

C&C welcome

ConnieT

Yes, there is a dramatic tension here, and it works nicely. The apples are so well done! I think the background is just fine as it is, just enough texture to keep it from being flat.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

tyree

beautifully done !

tyree:)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

eyepaint

Yay! They just glow!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Shanec

Great job on the light and shadows.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

123harry

Lovely glowing colours in these and a very satisfying roundness.

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

Karen, this is a scrumptious still life of the fruit! I hope you will post it over in Still Life forum.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ncgirl

Your apples are a delight! The color is sparkling and so rich! Well done!

Sandra

Beautifully painted , excellent colour and form on those apples!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

I have been known to keep working on things until I work them into the garbage bin.:)

Yeah, been there, done that!
                                    Nice simplification on the apples, which look juicy and shiny and tempting.

Wendy C&C always welcome
                                    Everybody likes feedback! Please remember to comment on others' threads, even if it's just a "nice work" post.

Hey Kate:wave: great shapes,colours and shadows:wave: like the sheen on the apples:clap:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/15-Aug-2012/6932-painting-sig.jpg

http://guilliartgallery.blogspot.com/2009/12/still-life.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.